paypal scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
roxytoo

paypal scam

Post by roxytoo »

Normally I can stop a fake like this (and the other bank and ebay ones) but just had this one in and I am really not sure!! The link seems to take me to the real thing but am not even sure of my 'pin' or do they mean password? I have updated things recently what do you all think?

In accordance with our major database relocation, we are currently having major adjustments and updates of user accounts to verify that the informations you have provided with us during the sign-up process are true and correct. However, we have noticed that the PIN Number you updated on file is fake. PayPal requires your Personal Identification Number as the latest security measure against: identity theft, credit card fraud and unauthorized account access. PayPal will verify it with your bank records for your own protection. If you provide a wrong PIN your account will be suspended for unauthorized account access. Due our latest security improvements PayPal became a global leader in online payments.

We require you to complete an account verification procedure as part of our security measure.

You must click the link below to complete the process.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Unable to do so may result to abnormal account behavior during transactions.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

No, it stinks. The grammar is cack, and PayPal don't ask you to do this. Plus the fact, you normally get the word EUROPE appearing in the header or email address.

I suggest you report this to PayPal via the PayPal website ONLY.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole! But they do seem to be improving their grammar - I started to correct the errors within this reply, then realised that if any of the perpetrators happen to read it, then I would be helping them!!!!
roxytoo

paypal

Post by roxytoo »

Thanks! I don't know if 'they' can tell if someone has been using Paypal or Ebay but I always seem to get these a few days after using the real thing!
paolo

Post by paolo »

100% scam.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Yep, absolute scam.

If you really want to check to make sure everything is good with your account, manually type in https://www.paypal.com into your browser and log in that way. DO NOT click the e-mail link! It looks safe, but it's not -- the real link is to a lookalike site that collects your details and then has a nice shopping spree with your money.
Brooke