Paypal - UK card with Non-uk address

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Susan - Do you mean that your UK bank has a UK address, or is it just Paypal that has the UK address?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Ju wrote:Susan - Do you mean that your UK bank has a UK address, or is it just Paypal that has the UK address?
Ju, my UK bank as an address in the UK as well as the Paypal.co.uk account.
Ju

Post by Ju »

With all the time taken to sort this out I've lost the booking :( . I had understood that I had booked and had 7 days to pay, but it appears not.

I'll just have to find another appartment.

The experience has made me glad of 2 things.

1) that we do not take payment by paypal. We can take credit cards directly and have no restrictions on which address our guests use.

2) That we allow our guests 14 days to pay their deposit. Booking a holiday is so stressful (even worse if you are trying to organise 2 families) that missing out on an appartment just becuase you can't pay immediately is a real disappointment.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I haven't had too many difficulties with taking Paypal payments to be honest, and if they use the calendar, it is just as easy as a direct credit card payment, with the additional security that the guest doesn't have to give us their card details.
Ju

Post by Ju »

HelenB wrote:I haven't had too many difficulties with taking Paypal payments to be honest, and if they use the calendar, it is just as easy as a direct credit card payment, with the additional security that the guest doesn't have to give us their card details.
Unless of course they are like me and paypal does accept their card!

Personally in the future when I am looking for a property I will try and find ones that I can use my card without paypal.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ju, too late now, but could you not have done a bank transfer via Paypal? My PP accounts also have a verified bank account that can be used for payment.