How much details do you give to start?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,
I do think thats impoortant, and I remember its one of the many good tips in Paolos suggestions.

Holiday lettings already put a link to our website,
on the enquiry ,which I just send back with the reply, its a pity all the websites dont include one... :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Same here - personalise it when I thank them for enquiring & always include the ref no (for the ones who do mass enquiries).

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I always say 'Thank you for your enquiry through.....(site name)' but don't bother with the reference number because I want them to go to our site, where they will find much better and more comprehensive information than on a listings site. In my view, this is another argument for having your own website. If you put the original site AND the reference number, you are encouraging them to go back to that site - where they might get distracted by looking at other options!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

This is sort of relevent.

Yesterday I received an an enquiry for Calahone Villas[not my villas name] but I could tell that the enquiry was for mine because of how it was worded[through Portside promotions]and it did have my advert listing number on..

I queried it and got this response .......

Hi Ros,

I think it is one of our affiliate sites using the wrong web site address
but the enquiry is for your property.

We will track down where it has come from and get it altered.

:roll: strange...
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I definitely change the heading so that a) I can file it more easily and b) they have a more succinct heading to recognise who I am when I reply. I'm not sure if the property reference code would mean anything to them (I certainly don't know my property reference codes off by heart!).

I then write:-

Dear Blah

Re: Name of chalet, location & dates

and then at the end, always include our weblink, so there's no way they wouldn't know where I was from.

Once the emails are dealt with and the enquiry logged, non-converters go into a general HR or HL etc folder, and if they convert, they get given their own folder under the HR main folder etc, under year.

Phew, sounds complicated, but is actually very simple and helps me find them quickly.

Beanie