Newspaper PRing

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Aldo wrote:La Vache, do you intend doing the whole Romeo & Juliet balcony scene then? Who's the lucky one?
Well, ideally, Wentworth Miller (from Prison Break) would be nice!

Mouse

Post by Mouse »

put a model in there lounging across the bed in Christian Lacroix and I'll be there before you can say Lacroix!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

La Vache, perhaps you could remain in theme. Here's Mr Malta 2007, David Camenzuli. Best to eat local, right?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Aldo wrote:
La Vache, perhaps you could remain in theme. Here's Mr Malta 2007, David Camenzuli. Best to eat local, right?
Not bad, but a bit pretty and too hirsuite for me. I prefer them a bit more rugged and follically challenged if possible!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh my - there's even a Mr Malta :shock: That place just sounds better and better! :lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Well done, Aldo!! Hope you get lots (more) bookings....

RR
Last edited by Rocket Rab on Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yep Well done Aldo,
Good for you,you must have talked it up..
Maybe someone importants reading these posts :roll:
Mr Malta looks lush to me :wink: though a little young ... :wink: :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

La Vache wrote: I prefer them a bit more rugged and follically challenged if possible!
There's hope for you 'thinning' chaps yet then! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oooooh I'm with LV, Wentworth Miller is gorgeous, didn't know his name and can't quite envisage being able to be romantic with that one 'Oooh Wentworth'....naa, doesn't hit the spot :?

Talking of 'the spot' I notice your place is called the 'G house' Aldo.......is that a coincidence :wink:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Partridge wrote:
Talking of 'the spot' I notice your place is called the 'G house' Aldo.......is that a coincidence :wink:
Satisfaction guaranteed Party :wink: Wenty or no Wenty (I see what you mean, it isn't an easy name to get passionate about)
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Wenty or no Wenty
Oh no LV, Wenty Miller......sounds too much like....Windy Miller (Camberwick Green), ah well, that's that romantic illusion shattered forever :cry:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

If I may help answer this question from the journalist's side (I'll ignore the mentions of us promising the earth and just slinging mud :lol: )

Instead of just saying I've a place to rent fancy a few days, try and think of a story to hang your pitch off.

A few ideas that might work include:

- contact your local newspaper and say how you've been running a place for so many years, but have been fund raising for groups back home, are planning a language exchange between schools, still work with someone well-known in the community.

This then might drive a story but also provides a connection with the newspaper and over time could see regular mentions and makes it easier to pitch ideas in the future.

- is your local town twinned with a UK town? Work with the local twinning group to see what routes this could lead to.

- any real wacky or different events held close to you? This could be a way in to mags that deal with countries, Living France, Place in the Sun etc.

- link up with a spa, health centre, yoga instructor to offer a weekend or a few days. Health and women's mags could be an option here.

A PR friend of mine had just got coverage in a number of publications for someone who offers baby yoga.

- does your place have a connection with people's hobbies? The one I think of in this instance is to approach a railway enthusiast publication if your place is in an old station or maybe kite flying championships take place near to you.

- try and think what is "in vogue" at the moment, so you are looking at eco-friendly holidays, with train travel, cycling and walking holidays high up on the list for this summer.

One word of warning from seeing websites I run featured in newspapers, even though the website address was mentioned, how many times do you sit next to your computer and type a site into your browser???

If I can help with any questions please feel free to ask away.

Hope this helps
Craig
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Thanks Craig,

Yours are tips I shall print out and keep.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Also said,
Yours are tips I shall print out and keep.
Yes Craig ,definitely some good ideas!! :) .