Shower doors - glass or plastic?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ciapolin

Shower doors - glass or plastic?

Post by Ciapolin »

I have discounted the idea of using a curtain following discussions around why they always stick to you in the shower!

Any views on whether glass or plastic would be better for the shower doors in my apartments? I personally prefer glass, but it is a pain to clean and there is always the danger of it getting broken. On the other hand, plastic is much cheaper and I assume easier to clean.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Of those two choices I would pick glass. It is more classy.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Itsonlyme

Post by Itsonlyme »

I don't think plastic would be easier to clean - it scratches more easily than glass so dirt/limescale gets into the scratches.

How sad! I've just answered two posts on cleaning! Shows what I spend a lot of time doing.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ah,funnily enough...... :wink: ...I have several showers,all are glass (as someone said,more classy!!) BUT one is plastic ( a plumber in the past trying to cut corners I think!!!!) and altho I was mortified to see the shower screen ( I was expecting glass!) it actually looks very nice (it's decorated so you can't really tell-it's just that I know!!) and the point of this ramble is that it is actually much easier to clean than all the others!! Phew,glad I got to the end of that! :oops:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Presuming the glass is tempered so it's resistant to breakages, and also presuming that you can arrange soft padding or doorstops wherever needed to prevent obvious ways of breaking the shower door, I would also say go with glass. The shine and weight of a glass door just feels, as Clexane says, classy.
Brooke
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

We have a glass door on our shower at home and at first it was a nightmare to clean, until I bought some of that Mr Muscle Shower Shine stuff.
Basically once you have cleaned the glass, everytime you subsequently have a shower, just spray the stuff on the glass at the end of your shower - and amazingly it actually works!
So you could provide it for the guests - but whether they actually use it or not is another matter...
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

That sounds like the stuff I was recommending earlier from Lakeland but theirs comes from USA and works as well!I thinkit's one of their best selling items. We ought to be on commission!! :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Sounds like glass it is then. Thanks chaps.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com