Dreamweaver Firefox Problem

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Alan, haven't seen the ad but they probably nicked that from Apple. When Apple launched their iMac in 98, that was the advertising: there is no step 3.

That was what I was referring to. Interesting that an ad tagline from 7 years ago is now being used in relation to a Pac.

I hooked up a Dell to my network in April, my first experience of XP, and my Step 3, i.e. loading Macromedia Studio MX, resulted in the b*gger crashing. Screen froze and had to reboot. Ho hum.

I only use the Dell to see how sites look in IE.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Garri,

Step 3 in the ad is the arrival of the 10 year old who knows which key to press.

Although I have all the Macromedia applications I am not a great fan. Up to the time I stopped programming I used HotMetalPro as an HTML editor because I prefered it all others available at the time.

I tried the new IE tabbing toolbar recently. It was a complete disaster, re-setting my system in many ways quite unconnected with IE so I unstalled it never to be seen again. Also, I use Systran Pro for basic translation from languages with which I am unfamiliar. On installation it creates its own toolbar and includes it in the MS Office suite. Trouble is it randomly disappears from MS Outlook leading to yet another uninstall/install. What a pain!

A £10 Timex watch has more reliability built in.

Alan
Garri

Post by Garri »

Alan Knighting wrote: Step 3 in the ad is the arrival of the 10 year old who knows which key to press.
Yeah that sounds about right, 10 year olds seem to have a knack of knowing which keys to press !
Although I have all the Macromedia applications I am not a great fan.
Me neither. I've stopped trying to use editors and now teaching myself xhtml and css - hand coding. Less hassle, quicker than you think and more reliable results.
I tried the new IE tabbing toolbar recently. It was a complete disaster, re-setting my system in many ways quite unconnected with IE so I unstalled it never to be seen again.
Um, I don't like the sound of that. Even though I don't use IE I can see the push towards web standards being derailed by MS.

Are they going to start messing up people's internet experience when they launch IE7?

I've heard that there will be wider support for web standards and css, I certainly hope so.[/quote]