Spam....

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Sue Dyer

Spam....

Post by Sue Dyer »

That internet problem... Do you guys receive much of it? I receive at least a half a dozen mails per day with attachements (obviously viruses) to my cottage email address from the website. It does go straight into a bulk folder but is still an annoyance. I guess there's no way really to stop this... :( (I delete them immediately of course).

What is even more annoying is I am ex directory but obviously for business reasons need to put the phone number on the website. I had frequent calls during the summer from a guy (comes up as an International call, sounds like he's in one of those Indian call centres) asking if I want to increase my bookings. I told him I was full booked right through but he still wanted to increase this for me somehow!!!! He got my mobile number from my answer machine and started ringing me at work too... I just hang up on him now....
paolo

Post by paolo »

I had a call like that, I told the guy to remove me from his list and I haven't heard from him since.

There was also a fellow from Hungary doing the rounds and avoiding the question when asked which site he was from - never a good sign.

I have to say I much prefer spam to sales calls, and even to junk mail.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
altyfc

Post by altyfc »

Only half a dozen? You're doing well... ;)

I receive hundreds daily, across multiple accounts. And unfortunately we never go a day without someone attempting to spam our forums. (They soon get banned of course.)

But I agree with Paolo, sales calls are even worse. They disrupt your concentration and are an irritating interruption. The thing is, some poeple out there must be entertaining the patter of these people for it to still be continuing to this day. If we ALL just hung up/closed the door, then maybe it would peter out, but some people somewhere must be buying... :?

Aaron
Darren

Post by Darren »

I receive hundreds of SPAM emails every week, it is annoying but not as annoying as sales calls - for some reason they always call when your eating :lol:

I must admit that when I started my business I sent various emails to potential clients, and telephoned a few :oops: until I learn the hard way I don't want to be banned by the likes of AOL, etc so I got around this and offering a free informative newsletter which people sign up to.

I get more sign ups direct from this newsletter or direct to from the search engines than spending time sending out emails to potential clients.

I'm afraid that SPAM senders and ISP's have really ruined email in my opinion.

Darren