my new web site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
ella1

my new web site

Post by ella1 »

hi all,

We hope to open on the 1st may, here is our new website address, we did this through windows live small business which we came across on 'lay my hat forum' please feel free to look at our website, any feedback good or bad is welcome, we have time to put it right before we open....thanks julie

www.labelleepoquefrance.co.uk or .com
:roll:
Windy

Post by Windy »

What a great start!!!

It looks nice and clean and is very complete - all the things I'd want to know are there, except for one thing - availability - I think it would be god if you could incorporate that. {EDIT I think it would be good - not but not quite THAT good :lol: }

I think you may have overdone the photos in the gallery as I found myself thinking "how many photos of each room ARE there?" as I waited to see more of the place - I think when you have a slide show like that you need to edit it a bit (but I also want to see LOADS of pics when I am booking so maybe a slide show like you can do at FLIKR might work - you can select from tiny thumbnails on those as well as just rotating through the list.)

I notices a typo on your velotrain thingy "The adult must occupying one of the pedals for the downhill section." and your capitalisation of CHATEAU DE MONBAZILLAC is out of kilter with the proper case used for the other headings on the same page, but I'm nitpicking now

I think it's great
Last edited by Windy on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda S

Post by Linda S »

I think you did a great job with your website. Lots of good information about the area and things to do. I think prospective guests will appreciate all the pictures, its what I'd want to see.

Best of luck with it,
Linda
Linda
enid

Post by enid »

It's looking good! I like the style - easy to navigate and to read. Lots of good information.

But presuming that you want more detailed points:

You don't need 'of' with 'comprises' - consists of or comprises (sorry one of my little niggles)

The Accommodation leader page is a bit stark. You have an excellent gallery but I stil like photos on each page too( just my opinion).

The room pictures are lovely - the red tulips are a real sign of your attention to detail.

I would add a picture of a table full of breakfast goodies on the breakfast page - even in the gallery the set table needs a bit more life ( bottle of wine? fruit?)

I like the distinction between things to do on foot and by car and I think yours is the clearest weather page I have ever seen ( do tell how you did that!)

Hope that helps - as I said this site does the business for me

:)
ella1

Post by ella1 »

Many thanks for the feedback, Windy, Linda and Enid.

All taken on board and mostly changed (well the easy bits anyway).

The point about the breakfast table is a good one but will have to wait for me to have time to either (a) stage it right or (b) find willing guests who dont mind people staring at them on the internet :P

Many thanks again.

Enid: The weather map is the interactive one from MSN, and as the site is built using microsoft office live small business, they offer it as a feature in the modules section of the site software.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Hi Julie
Yes, I think the site has a nice crisp simple look about it. Easy to navigate and hit's most of the spots.
A couple of observations, if I may,
On the Tariff page, the room images are quite small and whenever I see an image I want to enlarge it, which I am unable to do on that page. You may consider introducing this option.
Overall I think the images you have on there are very good. They do convey an air of "quality" about the place.
The family room image, however, is a liitle bit dark on my screen, I can't see quite as much detail on that one. I don't know how it appears on other members' screens ?

Under the - Accomodation - King size bedroom - link, you have stated that the room is not yet ready, hence no photo. Personally, if it's not ready yet, I wouldn't mention it. What's the point ? It might just give some people the impression that the house is still a 'work in progress'. Perhaps a little pedantic of me !

I like the google map for the location. My site designer suggested it to me and included it on our site. It allows the reader to see not only the local area, but has the facility to zoom right out, so that you can see exactly where the accommodation is in the whole country.

The wine tasting page is a nice touch too. Again, nice and simple, not too much information, but gives the reader a 'taste' (sorry :) ) of whats on offer.

Booking/calender
I thought it a little strange Julie, that It was only by chance that I went to the site map page, to stumble across the Calender/booking page, which either didn't load, or was blank ?
I think one of the first things people look at is the availability of the property. Is this page 'still in the pipeline'

What arrangements are you planning/already have in place for making prospective guests aware of your T's & C's ?

Overall a very nice site. Congratulations on all your hard work and good luck for your first season (Mine was last year :shock: )

Ray
Ray