Availability Chart

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Linda Freese

Availability Chart

Post by Linda Freese »

Can anyone advise me where I can download an availability chart for my website? Preferably a free one!

Thanks

Linda
paolo

Post by paolo »

Ola Linda!

http://www.rentors.org do a free availability calendar. It is not one that you download on to your site, it is a page on the web that you link to from your site. It is very easy to use and very basic, and it does exactly what it says on the box.

rentors.org is a cooperative effort by four of the biggest US rental listing sites, all reputable. It's a bona fide free service, they don't expect you to advertise with them in return.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Thanks Paolo! Very knowledgeable as always!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Linda - did you get sorted with an availbility chart? I just did mine in a table in Word and cut and pasted onto the site. May not be very glam but does the trick! I just strike thru the date and price in red as soon as booked.

I find potential renters really like that info at their fingertips rather than having to email. Do most of you show exact prices on your site or band rates? I find it easier to make that exact info available as I'd be put off by having to back and forwards enquire about dates and prices.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Do most of you show exact prices on your site or band rates?
Exact prices for me! And no extras.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Hi Soodyer

Yes, I took Paolo´s advice and used Renters.org, which I find really easy to use and a great tool. It also has a guest book facility and a hit counter. Best of all though, it´s FREE!!!

Thanks for your suggestion though.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

thanks Linda, I'll give it a go!

Paolo - yes I make a big thing about "no extra's" or "fully inclusive price" and some renters seem to think this a catch and expect an add on for electricity, bedding etc!

I've noticed some properties in the UK have a "winter fuel supplement". Potential guests have asked me if they are allowed to control the heating to which I answer firmly "yes"!!! Believe me, renting a cottage during winter in the Scottish Borders you need the heat. We've snow on the hills forcast for this weekend so I'll be out with the camera (and scarf, gloves, hat, thermals!)
paolo

Post by paolo »

Post your pics, us soft southerners need reminding what snow looks like!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I've started a new thread in the Cafe - "Snowy Scenes" with some scenes from this February Paolo as I seem to be really bad at going off topic!