How to please your guests

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
marcus

How to please your guests

Post by marcus »

A recent visitor from the US has been keeping an internet blog of her trip which included the following extract...

"there was a washing machine at the gite, but no dryer. I don't think that I've ever used a clothes line outside to dry clothes. It was cool. :-)"

From now on we are withdrawing as many facilities as possible from our properties to see how cool we can be. So I am looking for suggestions on what I else I could successfully not provide...

Marcus
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"we are withdrawing as many facilities as possible from our properties"
Marcus, this is brilliant, and good news for the planet.
You live in a rainy part of France, so you could - you should!- withdraw cooking facilites: impossible where we are, as forest fires make outdoor cooking hazardous.
However, we have a river & I think I could safely withdraw both the bath tub and the washing machine itself.
Being a cautious & considerate owner I will probably stop at that, but this is an exciting new trend & I hope we are not alone in following it.
ps are you increasing prices to exploit this new sales pitch before others follow suit?
Best,
Alexia.
paolo

Re: How to please your guests

Post by paolo »

marcus wrote:From now on we are withdrawing as many facilities as possible from our properties to see how cool we can be.
Removing the heating and windows will make you a lot cooler.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

You live in a rainy part of France
Is that why the area in which Marcus lives has a hose pipe ban each summer?
marcus

Post by marcus »

surely forest fires make outdoor cooking easy?

while writing this I see that Alan has preempted my comments about 'rainy bit of France' - I will just add that my wife is busy pouring bathwater (ours not our guests) on trees even as we speak