Sky TV in Spain

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
roxytoo

Sky TV in Spain

Post by roxytoo »

Well Sky has finally pulled the plug on companies pinching their signals to transmit to Spain..................well they have at least on the Costa Blanca with Cina/Telemicro

So we, at the moment,are left with BB1,2 3 Itv, Spanish TV, Sky News (cos that's free to air) and I know not what else

Bearing in mind that apparently all illegal companies will follow and have to stop transmitting how shall I advertise the TV now? I used to say Sky Satellite TV, shall I just say English TV? But then we still have sat TV though not Sky??
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

It appears that Sky has killed the subscription cards supplied to these companies. They are probably trying to buy a whole load of new ones, but this isn't as easy as it used to be. With any luck, you may have all your channels available again.

They may not be "shut down" in the sense that they will continue to broadcast the FTA channels, as from the Spanish point of view they have the necessary permits at the moment. However, people will not pay the high installation and monthly charges if only 4 UK channels are available. And there is a rumour that Sky are in negotiations with Canal Digital to show some Sky channels!! So things could change dramatically.

You could get TDT (Terrestial Digi TV) as many of the channels allow you to select the language on some of their programmes. Most new TV's have TDT as standard but you would need a small antenna.

You could mention that a "limited number of UK channels are available" or just state exactly which ones if you have only 4 or 5.

Btw, the rebroadcasting companies here in northern Costa Blanca have not been affected yet but that could change.....