given discount for underoccupancy then renter invites friend

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
tonia

given discount for underoccupancy then renter invites friend

Post by tonia »

can someone help me, i have a booking for this sunday for 2 weeks , booked back in june ,from a lady who said she wants to hire my apartment on her own and kept on at me to give her a discount because she being the only occupancy. i gave her a discount of £20 per week, £40 in total. now last night she emailed me and said she may have a friend stay the last week and asked if i can supply her with another set of keys.
im fuming this lady went on and on at me about the discount in the first place and now she tells me this.
please can someone tell me what they would should do ?
tonia
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Tonia,

If that was specifically the reason that you offered the discount then you would be in your rights to ask for the extra £20 to have the extra guests. I would require this prior to issuing the keys. I am assuming that you have a deposit and cancelling will cost the guest much more.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I agree completely with Clexane!
Brooke
tonia

Post by tonia »

i will send the lady a email tonight, and let you know how i get on, thankyou for your answers
tonia
Jayjan

Post by Jayjan »

Hi Tonia, Do you take a security deposit from your guests in case anything is damaged etc, as you could take the £20 out of this. We onced had our house booked for 6 and 13 people stayed so they didnt get their security deposit back at all. Now we insist on a booking form being filled with all names whom are staying and signed by lead name so it makes them think twice about taking more people than they have paid for. Regards jayjan.