Timing of skiing bookings

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Margaret

Timing of skiing bookings

Post by Margaret »

I am still not sure of the peaks and troughs with skiing bookings. A couple of years ago, I thought some people booked in March/April after the current year's skiing holiday, but that has disappeared in recently. But this month I have suddenly noticed increased interest in the snow/skiing/Christmas topics on my blog. Is this coincidence or a prelude to people actually boooking?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Margeret, I have noticed an increase in visits to my calendar for the sking months recently, but no enquiries as yet. From past experience, half-term and New Year will book well before the previous season is finished, but I normally get most of my bookings and enquiries from late August through to mid-October. This usually still leaves some availability in January which will be filled as soon as the first big snowfall happens. Any Easter bookings will probably not come until after Feb half-term is over and will depend on the snow conditions.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Yes, Helen, forgot about New Year - we have been fully booked (apart from the newest apartments we are just finishing) since the beginning of February - as they are all non-Germans, who may or may not ski, I don't tend to classify those as skiing bookings - only Germans booking at New Year are definitely coming to ski!