new website - comments please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
memes

new website - comments please

Post by memes »

Hi we've lust relaunched our website. Would v much appreciate any feedback.
I know the interior shots need to be better - fingers x'd we can sort that next month..
Many thanks -its here http://www.marche-italy-villas.com/

M
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Lovely site Memes. I really looked at it all, and when I consulted my notes of all the things to report back, it contained nothing !

Its just great. Clean, crisp, well spaced out, easy to follow. Loved the video of the house - perfect mood music and a very welcome absence of voice over :D

Speaking strictly from my own point of view, I did not like the salmon pink background, but you have clearly chosen everything to co-ordinate well together, so thats hardly a criticism.

The only other issue were the availability calendars needing to scroll in both directions. perhaps think about putting them underneath one another each inside a wider iframe, but hell thats stretching to find fault....
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Titti

Post by Titti »

Memes, this is very nice. I really enjoyed the possibility to click on the picture icons on the floor plans and to know what's where.

I thought that the pictures of the interior are quite adequate, but the banner shaped picture of the Marche countriside looks very grainy on my computer. May be you could use a slightly higher definition.

I can see the you have done your outmost best to provide as much information as possible, but how about a bit more poetry?

You have such a lovely house, why not make it clear to perspective clients? I am sure people would appreciate to know about the ambiance and finishing of the house, and how confortable and bright is it rather than read that there are so many rooms or windows or plastic beakers in the kitchen.

On the other hand I would personally reduce any descripion that can be easily seen on a picture or on the floor plan. You could for example shorten the description of the bathroom as it is pretty obvious that you have a WC and a washbasin in it.

Nevertheless it is a great job and I would come to your house on holidays!
goosie

Post by goosie »

what a lovely location and I think your website is really good. These comments are to build on what I think is a great website already and you should be very pleased with it.

First, one of your menus should have availability and prices in the title. It too, me a while to realise that the `how to book` one was that. On my website I find most people click straight to the prices and availability after reading the opening blurb so it would be helpful to have that clear.

I agree with Titti about the poetry. It is quite factual in places and reads a bit like an estate agent's run down of a property for sale. Try and sell the lifestyle of the holiday and not just the facts of what is there.

Finally, the phrasing under the prices about better booked as a group would put me off if I was only looking to book one house. Maybe you have done that deliberately written it that way?
During periods of high demand and to guarantee exclusive use of the pool and grounds we have found the houses work better when let together - ideal for larger parties.
If not, it may be better worded to say "Please be aware that the pool and gardens are shared between the two properties. If you want to guarantee exclusivity, particularly in the peak season, then you might want to consider booking both houses together - ideal for larger parties"
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Memes

It is a lovely website, but so is your property and set in a stunning location. You also take good photos of your pool which makes it look very appealing.

My thoughts are: that the blue strip under your panoramic photo clashes and might be nicer in a shade of green or brown to frame and compliment the photo above, which grabs you when you open the site. I hate blue, find it cold and unfriendly and feel the print would be nicer in black too.

Am I crazy or are there no photos of the interior of the Big house? If there are, they should be displayed in the same way as for the little one. If you reach them via the plan, it's not obvious and those who view your site are unlikely to notice this.

I too liked the videos, but not the music on the main one. I would have thought something classical or Italian might set people dreaming, but someone singing in English doesn't do that. It may also be a bit too contemporary for some.

I hope your properties attract loads of guests to Le Marche, which I know is a most beautiful regione.

Good luck

Chianti
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Hi Memes
Only had chance to have a quick look, but thought I would give you my 'gut reaction'

V. nice Home page which interested me enough to want to look further.

I agree with Goosie about the booking menu. I think the majority of potential renters (myself included) want to know what the prices are, before they want to know how to book. So personally I would prefer to see a menu button for 'prices' as opposed to 'how to book'

I also agree with e-r regarding the availability calenders for both properties and then the two combined, being squeezed onto a page next to each other.
Have you considered having seperate availability pages for Sei Camaini, casa Piccola and Casa Grande.

I would also prefer to see captions below each of your internal pics, telling us more about each of the rooms or external areas, rather than image 1 of 8, etc.

If I'm being a little pedantic I would say that the movies, although in themselves are a brill idea, the camera work, on both of them appeared to be rather shaky to me.
The sunset movie shows what must have been an absolutely superb spectacle, but as it's not animated I'm wondering if it might be better displayed, just as a still photo, as it is in the Gallery ?
The music is very pleasant, but for me the English voice detracts, rather than adds to the ambiance.

Overall I think the website is very well laid-out, refreshingly simply and colourful, which I think is also very important.

If I were intending visiting Italy Memes, your accomodation would be top of my list

Good luck with the bookings :wink:
Ray
memes

thanks

Post by memes »

Hi Meme's slightlymoretechythanIwas partner here.

Many thanks for your reviews, most helpful (more work!).

I'll take on board what you've all said.

Some comments -

We haven't finalised on the top header picture so the colours of the website will probably change to reflect that - it might not be sea and sand if we get a better picture!

Of more concern is the apparently huge variation in colours that people are seeing!

We'd colour picked a very pale yellow with a hint of pink from the sandstone blocks of the house as the background - rather alarmed it comes out as Salmon pink! Yikes.
The blue is a dark navy - it would be helpful to know who is seeing what - and on which machines.

I'll put captions on the pictures but the room titles also link to the pictures so it should be self evident - the 'images' bit is an artifact of the program I think.

lol re shaky camera work - it's in progress - I think the camera man (not me!) was rather the worse for wear after a large night...ditto the tune overlaid - not our choice either!

Most of the photos need redoing too - but hey - it's the structure with which I was more involved...

Once again, many thanks for your input - much appreciated!
HenryG

Post by HenryG »

The website is the best one I've seen so far.
Perfect - if it wasn't for two things:

1. I personally wouldn't link "Le Marche" to the Guardian website (on your home page). You are moving visitors out of the site, and potentially into the arms of other competitors.

2. And also on your Home Page. Your TITLE is way too long, while your DESCRIPTION (Meta Tag) very short.

I would swap those around.