Swimming Pool robot cleaner

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jane & Enid,

The normal Polaris does not act as a siphon and has no affect whatever on the amount of water in the pool. It is an add-on sub-system of the main circulation and filtration system. It simply takes water from the return pipe between the filter and the pool and by means of its own pump feeds pressurised water to the Polaris itself.

The single thing that one should never do is to run the Polaris pump when the main circulation pump is not running. If you do, the Polaris pump is trying to suck water through the filter and that is a complete “no-no�. Sand filters only work in one direction; they are designed to have water pushed into them and not to have water sucked from them. If you do run the Polaris pump without the main circulation pump it will be running dry and is very likely to burn out.

Ideally, one has a time clock for the main system and a separate time clock for the Polaris but which is controlled by the main system time clock. One then sets the Polaris time clock to start shortly after the main system fires up and to stop shortly before the main system shuts down.

Fluffy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

We had a Polaris for 6 years , it was brill. wE PULLED IT OUT TO SWIM, THEN PUT IT BACK IN AGAIN AFTERWARDS. iT DID HAVE IT'S OWN TIMER - sorry 'bout caps ! :oops: I haven't got one in the guests pool though cos I think they'd forget to put it back in , or get tangled up with it if they left it in. I now have a Hayward in my pool,still none in the other pool. :roll:
Rob

swimming pool robots

Post by Rob »

We have been recommended a Sweepy robot M3.Does anyone know anything about them?