Please review www.disney-villavacation.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Richard

Please review www.disney-villavacation.com

Post by Richard »

I have revamped my site www.disney-villavacation.com and would welcome advice/criticism on all matters including my use of codeing. I set of using an external css sheet but seemed to go away from it as the site developed. All advice and criticism is welcome. For the more technical guys and gals I used Dreamweaver MX & Fireworks.
Best Regards
Richard
www.disney-villavacation.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Richard,

I like the overall look & feel of the site -- very professional, but the disney bits everywhere make it welcoming too.

Just FYI, I was not able to view either slideshow. Apparently the highest version of Flash is not yet available for Linux, so the first one was not viewable. I could download the second one, but it only showed me a picture of the front of the house, no other options.

Failing those, I tried to look at the thumbnails, but found them far too small, even when I clicked on them -- and they didn't have captions. So I'd suggest making those pictures bigger and putting captions on them. You could tie them together with a javascript floor plan photo tour, if you wanted to give those of us without the latest software a way of taking a tour of the property.

Great FAQ! I did notice a spelling error: "friendlyhusban" -- where you describe your property managers.

Overall, I think it's very well done.

Cheers!
Brooke
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi Richard,

A very professional-looking site. Would your keywords include "close to Disney" by any chance - I felt that this phrase came up a little too often for comfort, but I realise what you're trying to achieve.

I would have liked the pictures to be bigger, but otherwise I think you've done an excellent job. Oh, and I couldn't run the slideshow either, even after downloading the latest Flash.

Please have a look at my site and let me know what you think.

Chalky
Chalky

Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

For me, the slideshow automatically ran in FotoPlayer and the pictures are almost full screen when using IE 6 or Netscape 8. No joy when using Mozilla Firefox though.

Alan
Richard

disney-villavacation.com

Post by Richard »

Thanks Guys
vrooge
sorry you cannot see the 1st slideshow, could you try again on the second and allow it a bit more time to load and tell me if you could view it--please. I will also resize the static pics & include captions so that even if the slideshow/s do not work a better view can be achieved and I will alter the spelling.

chalky
do you consider " close to disney is used to often, would the search engines consider it spam?
your site is excellent, I hesitate to offer any criticism BUT the text on your main picture was hard reading for me, both the color and the lack of sharpness for the font. You also have a link "click here" for a quicktime presentation of your lounge/dining? I was concerned when I was presented with a typical download warning and then when I chose to "run" it would not do so, however I do not have quicktime installed and that was probably the reason.

Alan
Thank you for your comments, I have not yet tried it in anything other than IE. I know I should do so and will shortly.
Best Regards
Richard
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Richard,

Okay, you're right, I could view the second slideshow, I just needed to be patient.

Really patient, though. If I were a potential client, I would certainly not have waited for it...
Brooke
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

The slideshow work fine for me and was quick to load. I am using firefox - I have got the latest version loaded though.

Nice site ... I like it and the pictures are great.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Richard,
could you try again on the second and allow it a bit more time to load and tell me if you could view it
I managed to view the second slideshow. Phew!! It is technically brilliant, but I got very tired of darting backwards and forwards through the kitchen and the nook and the utility and back to the nook. I feel you could take out half the images and end up with something excellent. I wanted to see the pool, and it must have taken ten minutes to get there! Also there is no way out, short of hitting the "Back" button.
do you consider " close to disney is used to often, would the search engines consider it spam?
I'm no expert on search engines, so I can't answer that, but I felt the number of "close to Disney" references was a little artificial.

Thanks for your comments on my site. I agree that the text on the main photo is difficult to read. I'm working on it, but I don't want the text to detract from the picture. The poor definition is down to trying to get the load time to a minimum!

It certainly helps to have Quicktime installed if you want to view the 'movies' :wink:

Chalky
Chalky

Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks guys
Your input is great, I agree with all your points and will remedy them soon. All other comments including about my codeing still welcome.
Best Regards
Richard