Another site to review!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Guest3

Another site to review!

Post by Guest3 »

Hi All

Just joined this forum today. This is our third year renting our villa on the Costa del Sol. My Husband designed and built the site, he also 'tweeks' it for the search engines. Would be interested to hear your reviews.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Crystal,

In an ideal world I think I would try to make the home page much shorter so that no scrolling was necessary. Apart from that it all looks pretty good to me.

Regards

Alan
enid

Post by enid »

I found the site easy to use and full of information - I liked the dropdown choice menu for maps etc. I agree that the home page did have a little too much to take in at one ce but hurrah, hurrah - clear easy to read text!! I like the list of what you'll get on the home page
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Crystal,

I like it! Very clean and clear, lots of interesting stuff! I don't mind scrolling down the home page - if visitors are interested in reading more, I think they'll scroll down, so long as you say enough on the first 'screen' to involve them.

As a near neighbour, please have a look at my site!

Chalky
Chalky

Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Chalky

Liked your site, not cluttered and all the info at hand at the top...the drop down menus are a great idea.

Wow...! checked your availability calendar how did you manage to have Oct-Dec fully booked!! Your website obviously sells for you!
Last edited by Guest3 on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi Crystal,
Wow...! checked your availability calendar how did you manage to have Oct-Dec fully booked!!
We have a long-term rental for the latter part of the year. In the past the Oct-Dec period has always been a problem, so this was a GOOD THING! :)

Chalkly
Chalky

paolo

Post by paolo »

I find the homepage has too much going on, my first reaction is one of confusion as to where to look. When I do get my bearings and start scrolling down, there is a sort of split screen effect going on, with a column of text on the left competing with the one on the right. I feel like I should use one eye for each. I think you would be better off with one column, and a simplified design up top.

This paragraph occupies a prime spot on your homepage ‘above the fold’ (before you have to scroll down):
“We hope you find all the information and pictures about our holiday villa including the local area and activities on this web site to be useful and informative. Please browse through all the pages. If you cannot find the answer to your query then please do not hesitate to contact us by “

What it should be doing is telling me what you are offering and why I should be interested. This is where your key selling points should be listed.

The text needs paragraph breaks – a line of space between paragraphs – to make it easier to read.

After the homepage I find the site works really well – the information is better organised, less cluttered, good pics and plenty of informative text.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Good constructive review Paolo. We looked at our home page and you're right. We've changed the 'quick-view' page and now working on the homepage taking your suggestions on-board. Will let you know when it's completed.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

OK ...homepage has been changed....comments gratefully accepted.