Is my listing site advert too American?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

romantic setting, but that doesn't have to be two people, frankly it might be a jolly threesome

Er, quite; I think I get your drift. Is this maybe what VRBO coyly hint at with their alternative lifestyle category? It's that damn sheltered upbringing again, but jolly threesomes have always been a bit at the end of the rainbow for this goat.....

MG
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Yes, I'm sure it's part of what they hint at -- but only a part. :)

I'm not one to judge, though! So I've changed the text to (hopefully) make it more inclusive, and perhaps a bit more vague.
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

New wording works a lot better for me! Gosh, I'm going to be picky now....I'm not keen on your choice for the first photo. I like the photo, but not in the number 1 position, rather as part of the extras would be my choice. Instead, I want to see the lovely garden table seating where I can have my criossants and coffee in the morning or cocktails at night, and all I can see there is what looks like two white sunloungers at dusk. I know, it's shot on the blink, but it's looking a bit cold for sun loungers by the time it's reduced that small and I'm not quite sure how I fit into the photo. If I see sunloungers, I think I want to see the sun that goes with it. How about putting the weeping willow as position number 1, (which I have to tell you is in my top ten all time favorite photos of a vacation rental)?. And I also love the reverse shot of the salon as number 2, which has the table with the food set out so beautifully and window open with sunlight streaming in. Either that as number 2, or the cuisine photo. They both show the outside coming inside with food on the table, which is all very welcoming and i can certainly imagine myself sitting down there very easily.

Sorry to be a bit mean
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Funny you should mention that patio/river/willow photo, A2; that was my original 1st photo, but I changed it when we renewed and thought I'd try it out. I've always loved that photo (my father took it), but it isn't necessarily as informative as the photo that shows the whole house on the river.

But I suppose that isn't as important as getting people to click on the thumbnail from among the list of properties. And for a thumbnail, a zoomed-in shot may be more effective.

Incidentally, the photo was taken on the blink, but it was also overcast, so it's not ideal lighting. I can't wait to get back and re-take it, but it seems like we keep having bad luck with the weather... I would have gone back to take a sunny shot there, but during that trip we were lucky to have a few hours when it didn't rain! :)
Brooke
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Vrooje wrote:
I've always loved that photo …
Many of my photographs that I really, really, really adore have never been chosen by clients or sold well. Often the more mundane (to me) stuff keeps ringing the till. Photographers aren’t always the best judges or editors of their work. Which is why exposure to professional rental owners on LMH is so valuable. If a consensus emerges, it’s wise to take heed. I completely changed my rental website front page after good advice from members here.

Jim

PS: Never given ground on ‘people-pix’ though!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Funny you should mention that patio/river/willow photo, A2; that was my original 1st photo, but I changed it when we renewed and thought I'd try it out. I've always loved that photo (my father took it), but it isn't necessarily as informative as the photo that shows the whole house on the river.
I like your willow photo as well,[and I know its you Twitter avatar] but as you say the other one shows exactly where your house is situated, which would be important to meas a guest, and its such a lovely spot it must be emphasised.......

The 'salon' on the Lounge photo doesnt ring right to me.

But otherwise as the others have said , Lovely website and property :D