We have a major problem

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Soberano

We have a major problem

Post by Soberano »

Hello everyone, we have a real problem and we are stumped.
For some reason we are not receiving any mail through our website enquiry line. We have had several people attempt to send test mail through enquiries without success. We have tried it ourselves without success.
Everything else is working fine, e-mail through our own address etc. Help please.

I have also posted this in the technical problems page as i was not sure where to post it,also we are quite concerned, Many thanks.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Soberano,

I have just sent you a test e-mail through your "contact us" link on your website - 8.30 European time. Did you get it?

Alan
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Hello Alan, no e-mail came through. We do not know how long we have had this problem, we decided to get a few test mails put through because everything dried up some time ago. No test mails have got through yet.
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

If it helps, we have two accounts with Outlook Express, we click send/Recv, O/E checks both accounts we recieve any mail on the personal E-Mail account nothing on the enquiries account.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Soberano,

My first message was sent through Wanadoo. I have also sent test messages to you though Netscape Mail and MS HotMail. They were all sent to enquiries@realspainholidays.co.uk which is the e-mail address on your website.

Alan
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

That is the problem, no mail is getting through to us and we do not know why. Outlook Express just keeps on telling us we have no new messages. We know people are mailing us, we just are not receiving them.
janskov

Post by janskov »

I will send you a mail from my company and put a trace on to see how far it gets
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Many thanks janskov
Garri

Post by Garri »

Do you use web forwarding for your domain name? That is the only thing I can think of where the problem may lie.

Also, you say everything dried up some time ago which implies that it used to be OK. If it worked before then why not now?

Go into your domain name admin area and check that the email forwarding for your domain is pointing to your POP mail account.
janskov

Post by janskov »

I do not get anything back from the trace.
The mail to you seems to have disappeared into a "black hole"

And there is something strange about your domain.
If you look at http://www.whois.sc/realspainholidays.co.uk#de
You will see that your status is "not active".

Maybe you should contact the people who are hosting your domain.
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Many thanks janskov for all your help, we will be contacting them tomorrow. Kind regards Bob & Sue
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread the first time.

Are you sure your domain registration hasn't expired? I know that's a simple answer (and I've had quite a bit of wine tonight), but sometimes it does turn out to be that...
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

vrooje wrote:Are you sure your domain registration hasn't expired? ...
No, that's not it. The registration renewal date for realspainholidays.co.uk is 15-Mar-2007, but that doesn't mean there is not a problem with the hosting account.

We have one report of a similar problem with our website. My suggestion is to do more testing.

1) Ask hostfifteen.net if they have any spam filters on your account . Also ask if they updated/ changed filtering recently. To get to the bottom of it, ask them to remove all spam filters and send more test emails.

2) Discount anything that happened in the last 24 hours. There was a weird virus going around. Retest everything again today, or you may go crazy trying to get to the bottom of something that has already corrected itself.

Just my 2 cents
Waves from America
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

Could somebody please attempt to send me a test e-mail. I have been assured it is working again, although i have lost any previous messages.
Thank-you for the info Joanna.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Joanna,

I have just sent you test messages through Wanadoo, Netscape and MS Hotmail. Did you get them?

Alan