My first booking!!!!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Congratulations HelenB .... know this - it is very addictive this getting a booking drug!!!!! :D
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The guests are very excited about their holiday, they've even posted back the booking from and signed t&c's already!!!
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Well done, Helen. Hope it's the first of many!

John Borg's advice is excellent. After all, we are responsible for somebody else's holiday! Quite scary when you think about it that way but very rewarding when you get good (or even constructive!) feedback and get to know your return visitors really well.

We have just bought another cottage (literally yesterday - eek!) with forward bookings and welcomed our first guests today. Very scary when you've only got 4 hours for a change over and aren't too sure what the previous owner is doing (it's a long story :lol: ). But glad to say that all went reasonably well. And it's a good way of confirming that your standards are quite high ........

Hope you have a good season, Helen
Jayjan

Post by Jayjan »

Best wishes Helen, hope they keep rollin in ( the bookings) I too have just gone with holiday lets on a free trial and in first two weeks have had 4 enquiries, makes you feel you could jump off a dolls house so to speak, just hope we and also you get positive bookings from them in the future, I am seriously thinking of using them after the free trial, even though we do get good response from local advertising in our area. Good luck!!!!!!! Jayjan
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Go Girl your on the up an up. It makes all the hard work worth it. I was just thinking all the effort us owners put into making our places perfect being addicted to this forum is just one. Could you find a forum of hotel owners discussing the best towels etc. It's a shame that the majority of the public beleive that a private villa is more expensive when in the majority of cases it isn't. I doub't I would ever stay in a hotel or mass holiday apartment again unless going somewhere for a really short trip. The best thing is I would be able to look up the owners on here for the area I am interested in and book with complete peace of mind. Well Done
Always Learning
carolcmx

Post by carolcmx »

Hi all,

Just discovered this site and am finding it a godsend.

I just received my first overseas payment for 3 weeks in November. My guest paid the full amount rather than make two payments to the bank for deposit and final payment. I did it through IBAN. It took about a week. Is that usual? I'm so excited at this being successful. Been working towards it for a year.

I want to send a nice confirmatory letter, my first! I am wondering if there is a section here with templates of this type of document?

Cheers :D

Carol
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hello. I see you location is India,wow,is that where you live or where your place is,or maybe both? Your question is a good one,it would be a good idea! :lol: Best of luck with the bookings :D

www.thepetitmanoir.com
carolcmx

Post by carolcmx »

Hi Fraise,

I am Irish but have some property in India. I stay in India for a good part of the year increasingly. Hard to beat the climate in our rainy winter. Very cheap to live here too. Many thanks for the good wishes.

cheers :D

Carol
Jayjan

Post by Jayjan »

Hi Carol, IBAN payments through your bank normally take about 5 days, well thats the experience we have had when we transfer money from the UK to our Portuguese bank account. Have you tried Microsofts website for templates, maybe there is one you are looking for on the site. Ragards Jayjan
A-two

Post by A-two »

Hi Carol,

Don't know about anyone else, but my confirmation letter simply thanks them for choosing to spend their vacation in our home, says how much we are looking forward to meeting them in person, encourages them to contact us if they have any other questions in the intervening period and encloses the following documentation:-

*tenant's copy of the lease signed by Landlord
*payment schedule/ receipt
*driving directions to the house
*color brochure of the property
*business card with our cell phone numbers to use on the day of arrival in case of delays.

Hope this helps.

I would love to have a look at your property in India if you can point us to a listing.
Waves from America
carolcmx

Post by carolcmx »

Hi Jayjan and Joanna,

Thank you for your responses. I can reassure my guests now about the time frame for their payments. My bank was very vague on it. I had a look on the microsoft site but all a bit too complicated for me I'm afraid. I will keep my eye out here.

Thanks for your layout Joanna. Feels very gracious. It will start me off. My apartment is on a few sites but the one I have had most responses to and two bookings from, is on www.villa-vacations.com. It is number 11383.

I have a house too, only 200 metres from the beach but am still in the process of renovating it. I'm not sure yet if I will rent or sell it. I was having a look at the websites here and they are so good. I want to go and get my own one now. I will have a look here about that. This is really such a great site for a beginner. Never thought I would be a 'landlady' in India Gawd!

Cheers :D

Carol
lehcar

Post by lehcar »

:D Congratulations :D

Know how you feel, we have just got our first booking too!

Many more to come I hope! You've probably got a few more by now anyway?!

:D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hey,soon we will be able to travel the World,just staying in each other's places- I've never met anyone on this site but I feel as though I know quite a few of them and I'd love to stay in some of the lovely properties! 8) .

www.thepetitmanoir.com
carolcmx

Post by carolcmx »

Hey Lehcar,

what a great website........just want to keep repeating it.......what a great website.....so beautiful and clear info in every way.............and fantastic photos..........I am sure your booking is the first of many..........well done...........can you tell me who did it for you? approx cost? It is great. Best of luck

Fraise,

My little apartment is empty for some of the year. (May to August) If you want to come, and like monsoony and hot, wet weather you are welcome. No charge. Still a great experience of seeing another culture. You can keep it aired for me.

Cheers

Carol
carolcmx

Post by carolcmx »

hey Lehcar,

Just saw the bit about more bookings, yes I have gotten two more since I last wrote, all paid for in advance. Lots of enquiries and some firmish. Very excited about it all. The season is starting here in October so it should get really busy soon.

Now I have to make sure they are happy and have a great time. Lots of plans for that.

Cheers

Carol