New Listing sites - initially free!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Chalky

New Listing sites - initially free!

Post by Chalky »

I've been using choosespain.com for a while, with some success. It seems to be a well-run site, with good communications from Warren Ward, the site administrator.

He's just sent me an email as follows:
I would like to inform you about the release of our new owner sites that have just gone online.

We have created the sites which are designed as fully automated owner sites for both vacation rentals and sales. The sites offer free advertising, no advertising fee and no commission, until at least the end of 2008 at which time we will re-evaluate how the sites are performing.

Though our intention is to upgrade the Choose Spain site to the same standard, this will not happen until sometime next year when we have evaluated the effect of the new site format on search engine positions. Obviously our position on the search engines is crucial to the amount of exposure the site receives and therefore directly effects the success of the site. We will however be partially upgrading the site to make use of some of the automated features the new sites have, more on this to follow.

The new sites are as follows:

chooseusa.com

chooseskiing.com

chooseturkey.co.uk

choosecroatia.co.uk

choosecyprus.com

choosefrance.com

and chooserentalsitaly.com

We have also upgraded chooseportugal.com our sister site to the new format to evaluate the effect of this on the search engines.

chooselatedeals.com has also been upgraded and offers a better user interface. Please note that the late deals site does not use the late deals from the Choose Spain site.

All these sites require re-registration as they each use a separate database.

If you have properties in these regions or know of someone who would benefit from the free advertising they offer please let them know.
I have no connection with choosespain, other than as a satisfied customer.
Chalky

LittleRiverView

Post by LittleRiverView »

am I the only person that read that as choosespain.com rather than choosespain.com?
Jayjan

Post by Jayjan »

Hi Chalky I Have registered with chooseportugal and had email verification but for the life of me cant get past your prices list on adding your property, it keeps throwing them back with errors on the date info but I can't see any, so I have given it up as a bad job so to speak. I'm nearly hairless here!!! Regards Jayjan
Garri

Post by Garri »

Looks like Kevin's right, it is choose pain!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Jayjan, I tried to register on chooseskiing, and had the same problem, don't think I'll bother.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Apparently you have to enter valid dates for each of the 12 price periods. If you leave any blank it won't work. They're looking into the problem.
Chalky

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Chalky,thats what I did, filled in all 12 periods, but it still would not accept them. It was a real pain as it not only did not accept the dates but reverted them all back to 1st Jan .
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

I had problems also with the dates, however i have found Warren to be very helpful and sorted the problems overnight. You dont have to load all 12 periods and you also dont have to enter the day of the month, you can now just enter the month.
He even added for me price per room as i did not wish to qoute price per person.

Have not check to see how they rate in search engines, but could not fault their helpfullness
Jayjan

Post by Jayjan »

Hi Nessie, Same here I got an email fromChooseportugal.com regarding the problem of the dates & pricing, and they said it had been sorted. So I logged on and hey presto, no problem its working perfect now. Regards Jayjan
memes

Choose rentals italy

Post by memes »

They don't seem to have a single property anywhere in Italy! Hmm hardly going to be a lot of traffic through there methinks..

Memes
Garri

Post by Garri »

They don't seem to have a single property anywhere in Italy! Hmm hardly going to be a lot of traffic through there methinks
Don't understand that logic. If yours was the only one then think of the spotlight you'll be in. 8)