Designed a site for my parents, what do you guys think?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
keithdevon

Designed a site for my parents, what do you guys think?

Post by keithdevon »

Hi all,

I recently offered to make a website for my parents' gite. I had never done any web design before but fancied a crack at it! I loved the process so much I'm learning new web skills and trying to get a foot in the industry.

This was my first site, I'm fairly pleased with it but would love to know what the experts think!

http://www.paradiseinfrance.com

Thanks in advance for any help.

Keith
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

Well done Keith. For a first attempt you've done a good job. The internal pictures need to be bigger, because you can't see them very well, and personally I don't like the dotted line. But it's a nice, clean easy site. I'm sure you'll continue to tamper with it anyway, and refine it as you go along
------------------------------------
They seek him here, they seek him where?
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Congratulations Keith - have not inspected it in great detail but first impression terrific - wish I were capable of doing something like that.

If I were being really picky I would say you need some more bedroom pix and that the one with the twin is a bit dark.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Pretty good, well done. Get someone to proof-read,though, and run it through a spell-check.....there's a bunch of typos.

Um, prices include all water and bed linen? Does anyone charge for water?

MG
lorca

Post by lorca »

Yes, well done!

Agree about the proof-reading, and definitely more and bigger pictures of the interior of the accomodation itself - bedrooms, living areas etc. Many people will want to see what a place looks like inside so they can imagine what it will be like staying there before they book.
bakeja

Post by bakeja »

Hard to fault to my (amateur) eyes. My marketing advisors always bang on about a call to action. You have it with the buttons on the right but perhaps they could stand out more with a brighter colour or a more dynamic phrase such as "Grab your own slice of paradise". Another possibility is to make a couple of YouTube clips which you can embed (if you have any video footage of the property or surrounding attractions).

Good work - your parents will be delighted!
Austria

Post by Austria »

Keith,

You have done a great job for your parents.

Next job is to raise the web profile

Happy to exchange a link with the property website to ours.

Best wishes

Derek