Planning Permission- change of use

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

sarahp wrote:Ok then , its 'fairly' helpful - does that make you feel better?
A bit....... :lol:
Windy

Post by Windy »

This is balanced out by the most irritating, censorship dominated, self-serving forum you could possibly find. (Although I confess to having contributed to topics other than DVD Licences!)
ROFL -- many a true word...

What is truly unforgivable about the clowns who run that forum is that they KNOW that some of the information on DVD licences is wrong but they have refused to post my correction because it was critical of them.

I think they are a total waste of space :lol:
unmissable

Post by unmissable »

HI
Since I first started this thread it has opened up quite a few points to discuss. I thought I would just let you know, I got my house last week and am in it at the moment (having got phone and broadband with NO FUSS WHATSOEVER!). Lots of meetings with builders, electricians, decorators etc to give the propertry the once over, with everything aimed at starting letting in earnest by Christmas (at least a couple of good weeks to be had there!). However, I know want a month off work just to stay in it myself.

I must read in more detail the bit about rates since the second bit of mail (after phone / broadband) was a bill for £790 for water rates back dated and forward dated (18 months in all). I know I won't have to pay for when I didn't own the place but it is just more hassle.

Thanks for all the help and the forum creep into business rates was also very helpful.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

after the repeal of the FHL rules, presumably no one will have to get planning permission as the business will be deemed to be the same as a SAT tenancy, which doesn't require planning permission.

And presumably a buy to let mortgage will now suffice, for the same reasons.

And what about holiday lettings insurance?

surely we won't be subject to TWO DIFFERENT sets of rules?
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......