Next Years Prices

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
LaLuz

Next Years Prices

Post by LaLuz »

Can anyone advise me of when to change my prices on my web pages?

Is now too soon? I know I am increasing them as I think I've been too low this year (my first) so is it better to do it sooner rather than later?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

La Luz, whats your website address? There's no www activated for you
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We've been lucky in having the peak months this year fully booked, so we amended our tariffs on our website last week with 2006 prices.

Last year we had July and most of August 2005 booked by mid October 2004. I would suggest you put your tariffs up now just in case you get any enquiries/bookings for next year.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I've only got October-Dec 2005 prices on my website as these are the only spaces for this year.I am also showing next years calendar.Some of the sites I advertise on (Visit France,Villarenters) haven't updated yet so I can't show next years prices/availability.

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

As soon as you think you are too cheap put your prices up. Even in mid season stride do not be afraid to put your prices up.

In fact this year we where also too cheap and changed our prices about three times - all upwards. Again as bookings come in for next year we will continue to review our pricing upwards or downwards to meet our capacity targets and market pricing.

Based on the current flow of interest we suspect we are still not at the right price level. We will take in a few more bookings then may review upwards again as our confidence grows and our financial position is secured.

Problem is there is no right price because the market keeps changing, but I will say you need to hold your nerve a bit as you raise prices to see if they will be acceptable.

Its all part of the adventure.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yep, I agree. My prices were too low this year as well but I put a couple of them up mid season and still got them booked.I had a query for October ( in April )and because I had little experience and because I had read loads of advice , I discounted ( my one and only time!!!).I regretted it as soon as the deed was done!Only 10% but still.... I had a booking for a week and a half for November and learnt my lesson- full price,no probs ( I was flexible in allowing odd arrival and departure days). Who knows? You "find" your market and sort of get a feel for what is right for your property/ethos.As someone on this site signs their name- always learning!!! She's right ! :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've got prices up until Aug 2006, but then my season is a Winter one anyway, and doesn't start until December.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Clexane,
For what's ir's worth, my feeling is that your prics are low.
Re beginners: a neighbour rented for the first time last year, asking euros 1600 pw (4 beds, sea view, pool etc). He's is asking euros 2800 pw for 2006. He lets very successfully - not on holiday-rentals, but on a German site (this is the neighbour from another thread: flooding in the house). Think I'll add the site to my list!
Best,
Alexia.