Payments

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
aillis

payments

Post by aillis »

I charge in £s but also have a credit card machine so either receive English cheques or it goes straight into our french bank account. On our conditions I state credit cards are taken at current exchange and this year I had my first complaint because of the bank charge he paid more in sterling than the quoted price.My understanding is that banks charge anything up to 3% for the transaction and I get charged about 2% its a win win situation for the bank. I don,t see any other way I can do it. Its great for all other nationals ( Americans etc) as the money arrives in the bank the next day.I have consulted legal/money payment people and they don,t suggest anything different
Ju

Post by Ju »

Hi Aillis

We are in exactly the same position as you. The only thing we do differently is to fix our Euro prices at the beginning of the year. When a booking comes in, if they wish to pay by credit card, they are given the Euro price. This way there can be no complaints. I agree you can't control the bank charges though.

Ju
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm trying to get my future guests to use Paypal. If you use e-cheque it takes longer, but is ony 4-5 euros a time.