Does searching for your site improve its ranking?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Speaking as someone who lives within a few miles of Marcus I rather like his southofthedordogne "taking the eye off the ball".

I think it presents the area really well and can do the rest of us round here no harm at all. Who knows? Some of us might even want to join in.

Alan
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi

Alan tells me that the link I included above (that I won't include again because it will look like I'm trying to drum up link popularity) keeps saying 'page cannot be displayed'.

I've never once had this problem with the site (and I'm on it a lot) so I'm now concerned that there is a problem for others but not for me.

Could anyone and everyone please try it and then let me know if there is a problem, along with any speculation as to what the problem could be.

Many thanks
Marcus
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Assuming it was the southofthedordogne link, it works for me
paolo

Post by paolo »

Your site for which you are not drumming up business works fine for me from that link.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

Comes up fine and pretty fast from here which is a good recommendation as our ADSL speed is dreadful usually.

Arnold
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Marcus,

I had trouble with it again this morning but it is working fine right now, 11.00 p.m. in France.

The problem applies equally to IE, Netscape and Firefox. Maybe your ISP has been up and down over the last couple of days?

I confirm what Arnold says, it loads very quickly.

Alan
marcus

Post by marcus »

Thanks all
I know from my stats that there were also a lot of others among you who tested the link successfully, many thanks. I assume someone would have said if they had not got in, so Alan, hopefully it was a temporary abberation.
Cheers again
Marcus