Easter 2010

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
apexblue

Easter 2010

Post by apexblue »

What dates have you increased rates for over Easter? I've put 27 Mar to 10 Apr at the higher rate but have just taken a booking for w/c 10 Apr from Leeds who's children are off then. Is it the same as last year strung out?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
windrush

Post by windrush »

We've put the higher rate on the weeks beginning 3rd and 10th April. Good Friday is the 2nd and according to my calendar that's the first day of the UK school holidays, i.e they break up on the 1st.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Windrush I'd revise your weeks to extend Easter rates to 3 weeks.

I've just checked Manchester, Cheshire and Trafford and they all break up for Easter on 26 Mar and go back 12 April.

There was a good site someone listed showing all the UK school holidays. Does anyone know it?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
windrush

Post by windrush »

apexblue wrote:Windrush I'd revise your weeks to extend Easter rates to 3 weeks.
Doing it as I type! (Well almost)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

apexblue wrote: There was a good site someone listed showing all the UK school holidays. Does anyone know it?
I listed something a while back - can't remember what it was :oops: - and I think there's been a couple of others.
Here's something I just found which is the most useful thing I've found so far, but didn't somebody take all this info, which is provided per authority, and collate it?

There's another one here for Scotland

Be useful if this info could be made a sticky in some form!