Any German Speakers care to have a quick look!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
saramar

Any German Speakers care to have a quick look!

Post by saramar »

We have been working on our new German website and would really appreciate any comments - our 'school' German was learnt many many years ago and a friend has helped with the 1st page, so just needing text for the others, which he is working on soon.

Please let us know what you think and if you could suggest any key works in German for the search engines.

Many thanks
S&M
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I couldn't find it! Can you give the link?
saramar

Stupid Me!

Post by saramar »

Sorry Margaret - rather tired today! Here is the link:

http://www.nascondigliode.webeden.co.uk/

Thanks
S
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Sorry, Sarah, but it is full of typos and grammatical mistakes. MG and I had a big disagreement a while back about whether, as a foreigner in a foreign land, you can get away with less than perfect language. I think you can but honestly think this is not good enough. A quick search on Google.de seems to indicate that Germans use Le Marche rather than a Germanified version but I didn't search very far so that could be wrong. And all nouns start with a capital letter. That's just for starters. I am not a native speaker so I really think you need someone who is to put it right.
saramar

Post by saramar »

Thanks Margaret - is there loads of errors on the front page, as this is the one our German friend has translated first!!!!!

We were debating whether to use Marken or Le Marche, so that is very interesting what you say - how can you check on Google.de to see what is used the most.

Appreciate your help.
James3214

Post by James3214 »

Nice website Sarah, but as mentioned I think you need to get a native German speaker to check it like I did with my fewo advert, perhaps even cheekily asking one of your German renters to have a quick look over it.
Don't try to cram to much text onto your webpages though.
saramar

Post by saramar »

James3214 wrote:as mentioned I think you need to get a native German speaker to check it .
Thanks James - the text was written by a German friend, so we just presumed it was correct. He has completed the first page, so if anyone can tell me if there are lots of errors on this, I will try and sort it out!

Thanks for your time.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Sarah, I only looked at the first page so that is where I saw all the errors mentioned. A German really know their own language better than this! You can check Google yourself - just type in www.google.de and then type in the Italian version and you will get all the German language sites which use that version. I confess I did not do the same for the German language version which you have used - bit busy today.