Wanadoo lost emails & Gmail

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
tansy

Wanadoo lost emails & Gmail

Post by tansy »

[I have split this from this thread because it turned into a different discussion - Paolo]

debk - I only follow up to make sure my email reply has indeed got there...I seem to be having quite a few go astray or filed in junk folder recently - wanadoo...so when I do follow up it is only a one liner - along the lines of did you get my reply OK the other day - perhaps you have found somewhere else.

I have to admit I am very edgy about wanadoo at the moment - I just feel messages aren't getting there.

Alan - did you get my email the other day...from my boys?
it's all a learning curve!
Marion

Post by Marion »

Tansy,
I am having a similar problem. I am receiving 'undelivered' messages, sometimes quite a time after the e-mail was sent. I thought it was the recipients anti-spamming that may be causing it. I'm on Wanadoo so perhaps it is at this end. Do you use a different subject line on your follow-ups?

Marion
tansy

Post by tansy »

Marion... it is as if I email into a dark hole...nothing! Not every time do I get a message from postmaster - had a terrible time though getting an email through to Joanna in New York...we had to use another email address eventually.

My worry is because of the dreadful time I had with VRBO - I have a feeling wanadoo is classified as a junk mail maker so a lot of the messages are blocked to the States.

I'm afraid I can't prove anything and as wanadoo here in France refuse to speak any English I am not getting anywhere with them as my French isn't good enough to do this complaint in detail!

But on France Telecom - anyone managed to get through on the English speaking line yet? What a fiasco...we had a line put in each house to be used with a phone card...very straight forward you think.was until a line had a fault - so then when it was repaired it was left as open with folk in the house - a month later and numerous calls - the line is now disconnected - 2 days of trying to get through to someone and 6 emails the situation is still not resolved...so I think we just don't have lines in the house - it's too complicated!
:roll:
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Have you guys thought of using outlook to send your emails through the wanadoo service. In this way you can put a tracker on the email that tells you when the email is delivered (and succesfully) it also tells you when they open a email to read it (very useful).

I use it through the hotmail service and its invaluable for this feature alone. I am sure other mail managers (lotus et al) do the same thing as well.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have had a similar problem with wanadoo.co.uk addresses - in fact I lost a definite booking for this Saturday because of it which I'm really annoyed about. No error message, nothing, just disappearing and not getting to the recipient. I will do as Clexane says in the future and put a read receipt on an of these addresses. Wanadoo.fr addresses are fine, its bizarre!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Tansy,

Yes, I did. Sorry I haven't replied earlier but, you know!

Alan
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I also use Wanadoo for my main e-mail address.

I am aware of problems sending mail to addresses at eircom.net and at ntlworld.com. Not always, just sometimes and it can take two or three days before I get a "could not be be delivered" message. I find those self-same e-mails go through OK if I send them via my Hotmail or Netscape Mail accounts. Bizarre!

Wanadoo in France only speak French. That's not surprising, I would be amazed if I got customer support from British Telecom in anything other than English, often with a Kuala Lumpur accent though.

I have the same sort of problem with PayPal. My account is in France because I have a French address and when registering it automatically locks itself into whichever country is that of your address. I have requested all messages and screens to be in English and what do I get - a reply in French. Useful or what? It's a matter of convenience and not necessity as my French is passable. The silly thing is that the scam messages I get from the "immitation" PayPal fraudsters trying to steal my money are always in English.

Alan
tansy

Post by tansy »

No fully understand Alan...just concerned on 2 counts - that you are OK and mail not arriving

Tansy
:)
tansy

Post by tansy »

Alan...I mention Wasnadoo only in French because they have become HUGE in the UK...just like EDF and OYNX...if they want to be leaders in both countries surely there should be some bi-lingual assistance?

Pay Pal I've given up with exactly for thereason you've stated...I just ask cleints to pay me in Euros by SWIFT take it or leave it.....& seriously it is so simple!

I can speak passable French...but the frustrating part is when you start speaking in French - that's it they're off - million words per minute!!!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Alan Knighting wrote:I would be amazed if I got customer support from British Telecom in anything other than English, often with a Kuala Lumpur accent though.
If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, the last time I called BT customer service the chap was speaking Geordie. :)
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,

Well, they do have a major call centre in Newcastle.

Alan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm sure you can also ask for a read receipt with Outlook Express, but I'm not 100% certain as I've been using Outlook for ages.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

, the last time I called BT customer service the chap was speaking Geordie
If anyone needs translations I'm sure myself or Alan can help. :lol:

The thing with those receipts is you have to "allow" them if you are the recipient and not everyone does. I used a programme not part of Outllook/express which showed you when the recipient had opened the email without them getting a notification but apparently it shows up as spyware on computers. Can't remember the name of it...
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Let me just reiterate my invitation for anyone to PM me for directions on setting up a gmail account... if Wanadoo is giving lots of problems, it might be a good option.
Brooke
debk

GMail Accounts

Post by debk »

Like Brooke, I have lots of gmail accounts to share. Google is good. The search facility is great for confirming prior guest emails for past notes on flight arrivals, currency questions, requests for info... everything. Love it. Happy to share!
debk