Please tell us what you think of our website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Sud Italia

Please tell us what you think of our website

Post by Sud Italia »

Any constructive criticism for www.southernitalyholiday.co.uk would be most welcome. Have just added an Italian page, so if anyone is fluent in Italian please take a look and let us know if we have made any silly blunders. Also plan on adding a links page. Many thanks John and Toni 8)
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice!
Lee

Post by Lee »

Its ok but needs work

A bit blog like to me, more about you than the sites intentions

Your pics don't do the area justice and most of the photos need binning

No need to go on about Naples and Amalfi, its miles away and I doubt visitors would stay at yours with a view to going there, worth a mention but no more.

the view from the balcony should be on main page (or a better one) as well as the beach page with a few select pics of the accommodation

external CSS needed (your program should do it for you)

I love Italy tho so I would stay there for a change from the busy areas around Naples.

Any chance of a discount for this review?
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

Lee wrote:Its ok but needs work

A bit blog like to me, more about you than the sites intentions

Your pics don't do the area justice and most of the photos need binning

No need to go on about Naples and Amalfi, its miles away and I doubt visitors would stay at yours with a view to going there, worth a mention but no more.

the view from the balcony should be on main page (or a better one) as well as the beach page with a few select pics of the accommodation

external CSS needed (your program should do it for you)

I love Italy tho so I would stay there for a change from the busy areas around Naples.

Any chance of a discount for this review?
Wow, that's a bit blunt, don't you think?

I looked at the site, and was waiting for some other people to comment first before saying anything. I agree that it needs a bit of work, especially on the home page; there is too much text and info on there IMHO, its an immediate "bombardment" when you first click on to it.

I'm sure with some constructive help from various members you'll quickly get it right
------------------------------------
They seek him here, they seek him where?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi and welcome John & Toni!

Some of the pics do need re-doing. The washing machine is not necessary (it's cut in half and crooked into the bargain!)
the bedroom wardrobe has rows of shoes under it and the small round table could do with a bright table cloth or some flowers on it.

Perhaps you have a photographer friend who could do some pics for you? Plenty of discussion here on professional photography or not for our websites - try a search.

The Italian definitely needs a helping hand!

Enjoy the wine, the sun, the Italian hospitality and good luck with your rentals!
Lee

Post by Lee »

The Stig wrote:
Wow, that's a bit blunt, don't you think?
Yeah it was a bit, sorry (Doc Martin rubbing off on me!!!)
Last edited by Lee on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lorca

Post by lorca »

I get the feeling it´s a really nice property - but you can´t tell from the pictures. I agree that the picture of the view from the balcony is very good - but the others of the property are very poor I´m afraid.

The area itself looks lovely - but I think you need photos of the outside of the house and the rooms rather than items of furniture (certanly not a picure of the washing machine!). Most people will want to get a good idea of the place they´ll be staying in before they book.
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

Agree with all of this; I just didn't want to be the first to give the poor people another belly blow!
------------------------------------
They seek him here, they seek him where?
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi! I will have a look at the Italian tranlsation and send you a corrected version via mail.
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
declanja

Post by declanja »

Your property seems to be in a very beautiful area and a sea view too. I agree with the others regarding improving your photos. I know that I have taken hundreds of photos for my site and would love to have Jimbo or some of his pals stay and take proper ones!
My other advise would be to have a map. Most of us dont know the south of Italy very well, (even though I have been to Sorrento) and a map showing where you are in relation to Naples and other airports could be useful.

Best of luck with your property, your rates are very attractive. I dont think anyone should look for discounts :lol:
Declan
Windy

Post by Windy »

For me it's a layout thing -you've got some good content there - you'd improve it a huge mount just by breaking up the text and putting some padding around it.

Also I'm not keen on the menu based gallery - I know you can use the arrows, but there is a kind of convention about using thumbnails, and that to me would work better.
Sud Italia

Thanks!

Post by Sud Italia »

Ouch! That hurt a bit, but we will take your comments on board and adjust the site where we can.

Also many thanks to Tizfata for taking the time to send us an Italian translation. It was most helpful to us.

Would like to be able to comment on other websites, but after the reviews that we have received we don't feel quite qualified to do so just yet.

John & Toni
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice!
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hey - it takes courage to put your "baby" up for review in front of a bunch of opiniated self-styled experts, but if you listen to what they say you will end up with a better site.

There's a lot of good advice around here (but you dont't have to agree with it all) and most of us have been through what you are doing, so chin up and get working at those changes.