French Neigbour Problems

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
James3214

Post by James3214 »

Broom UA wrote:Dublin 13
Your german lady has probably grown up with German by-laws which forbid car washing, grass cutting, and even putting your washing on the line on a Sunday.(Or used to when I was a lass)

Anne. :)
It still is the law and I think it is great. One day a week that you can almost guarantee peace and quiet. As for car washing you can not wash it on any day of the week in the street. You must take them to the proper car washes.
lorca

Post by lorca »

James3214 wrote:
Broom UA wrote:Dublin 13
Your german lady has probably grown up with German by-laws which forbid car washing, grass cutting, and even putting your washing on the line on a Sunday.(Or used to when I was a lass)

Anne. :)
It still is the law and I think it is great. One day a week that you can almost guarantee peace and quiet. As for car washing you can not wash it on any day of the week in the street. You must take them to the proper car washes.
Well the woman is right that the Spanish regard Sunday as a day off -but they would be horrified at any law that prohibited noise. Being officially the second noisiest people in the world (after the Japanese apparently!), and having lived for so many years under Franco´s prohibitions, their live and let live attitude has much to recommend it. Having said that, there may be some urbanisations (largely inhabited by forgieners) with their own regulations