Taking the plunge

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
pepsipuss

Taking the plunge

Post by pepsipuss »

I have finally got my website for our new B&B up and running. It is an Iowners site and am putting it up for comments, not without some trepidation! Please click on the bedandbreakfast one not the villa rental one for the correct site.

Many thanks.

edited to clarify which site
Last edited by pepsipuss on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
CSE

Post by CSE »

Yep another iowners layout. I am getting to hate them, sorry nothing against your website, but it is like everyone driving around in the same car with different colours. :shock:

I do feel the photo quality is not so good, is that because the iowners want you to upload small photos or something?
One other comment, I can see your prices depend on seasons but how does the punter know what week falls within a particular season?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Hi Ian & Irene and thanks.

Were you looking at the right site? I ask because there is only one price all year round on the B&B site. If you were looking at the other site then all becomes clear if you click on the availability calendar: I agree that it is not as much of a no-brainer as it could be!

Yes I agree that photo quality is not great on either site, but particularly on the villa rental which I have not tweaked recently. Hopefully the photos on both sites are going to be addressed by a professional next Spring. You can click on the small images and get a bigger version.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

CSE

Post by CSE »

Quick reply before dinner.... :D :D :D
This is the page I am referring to.
http://www.villa-rental-near-mojacar.io ... icing.html
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
lorca

Post by lorca »

I think it does the business - but I agree about the quality of the pics.

I think the main picture is great (despite the poorish quality) and makes the place look very appealing. Why no pics of the pool? I would have thought it woruld be a big selling point. The other pictures of the house are a little stark (not the property itself, just the way it´s been photograped) - a table with some wine and glasses would be good, and perhaps a few pots with flowers on the terrace.

Your food sounds lovely, why not a picture of a table set for two by the pool with one of your meals - as the sun goes down? just a thought.

Re the pricing page on your villa site. I see you actually define the seasons on your availabilty page - perhaps directing people there would help (they may not think to do it...)
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Thanks both.

I have re-submitted the home page pic using a non-compressed version - has it improved things?

New image of pool on details page and revised one on second page of gallery.

I agree that it looks stark and actually I think it is more to do with the property at the moment than the photography: as a new house the garden in the immediate vicinity is not yet well established and although it is very pretty when you are actually sitting in it and looking out, it is nearly impossible to get a shot looking AT it that does NOT look stark. The good news is that sun and water will improve this immeasurably over the next six months before the professional gets at it!

We had every intention of doing a good mealtime shot the other week when we had a gathering of French speakers with some French clients. Unfortunately everyone was having such a good time that we forgot to do the pix!!! I am going to try to address this over the weekend, weather permitting, but it looks as if our wonderful Indian summer might be over for a few days. Also there are now some colourful cushions on the chairs in the guest terrace so those need re-doing.

Thanks again. I am going to address the other site soon but a bit busy for the next ten days or so.

lorca

Post by lorca »

Sounds good but you don´t need to do a lot (or wait for the garden to be established...) - a few pots of geraniums on the terrace, some fresh flowers in the communal area, a small table set with some nibbles and wine, some bowls of fruit whatever - just the odd prop that adds a splash of colour