Google Analyics

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
apexblue

Google Analyics

Post by apexblue »

Do youhave to add the tracking code to every page of your site?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If you want to see the traffic to every page on your site, yes. Otherwise it will only report traffic to your homepage which means you can't set up things like goals to track where your enquiries are from.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Although if you put the tracking code in the page footer template (I'm talking WordPress) you only have to do it once.

MG
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've long been blocked on setting up tracing the source of visitors, LV. Do you mean goals? Isn't that recording if they actually do something, like fill in a contact form?

MG
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mountain Goat wrote:I've long been blocked on setting up tracing the source of visitors, LV. Do you mean goals? Isn't that recording if they actually do something, like fill in a contact form?
If they fill in an enquiry form and you have goals* set up, you can track which listing site or search engine. You can also track which keywords were used if the enquiry came via a seach engine. The booking I had at the weekend, for example, came from Google, the phrase they used to find my site was 'recommended places to holiday in brittany'.
*Thanks to Dr R on this site who explained how to set it all up to me.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Dr R on this site?

MG
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Sorry, Dr Richard. I've just checked the booking form the people sent and they said they found me through the Sawday's site, but they didn't.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

I've pasted the tracking code on the home page (iowners) of the website site but not found by Google??
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's likely to clash with iowners own tracking code, although can you really put it where Google wants you to put it in the page code?

MG
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Many thanks for the answered. Back to the drawing board.

apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Coughed up with iowners to find out where hits etc are from. No. 1 in the list by a mile a Dutch site vakantie-planner with no enquiries. No. 1 search term north wales holiday and at the moment we don't even come on the first page anywhere. At a loss to understand that. What is ery interesting a lot of searches regarding our domain name. Would it be an idea to put our address on the details as withheld at the moment?