Any answer on Easter booking days?

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Mountain Goat

Any answer on Easter booking days?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Our bookings are slow this winter and punters are starting to think about Easter '10.

As Easter weekend is 2 - 5 April, are you being flexible about start/finish days? It's fine if you get a 2-week booking, but that's optimistic for us. Mid-week bookings can pull 'em in from the UK regions, though.

Variables, of course, are snow conditions (can be a bit tail end-of-season for us) and school hols. (UK Southern schools sort of here).

MG
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Hi MG, we've just taken a booking for the week leading up to Easter and it's running from the Saturday to Saturday as usual. The party are a regular family who stay with us each year and who actually wanted to the week before. As that had just gone I asked if they could move on a week, reminding them that it would be Easter weekend (and therefore much busier), but they went for it.

I'd stand firm on change-over days if you can as too much flexibility can end up giving you dead periods in between that you can't sell. Bookings have definitely come in later this year but they are coming, which is a relief, so my advice would be not to waiver yet.

When are your lifts closing ? If just after Easter then that might have a bearing on change-over dates.

Beanie
Last edited by Beanie on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, Beanie, that's useful. Those dead days are a nuisance, I know, but our cleaners think they're great. Useful for us, as well, when we've got some maintenance.

Our season ends around 19 April, but you usually go on a bit longer don't you? And you've got the glacier, of course.

MG