revamped site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
roxytoo

revamped site

Post by roxytoo »

Hi everyone

Have changed my site to cope with other rentals etc now as well as our own! If anyone has the time what do people think, (I know the booking page isn't quite right yet. am working on that, it does actaully work though!)

My pool has had to be made smaller to accomodate all browers :cry: but think it still works, not sure of all white space around and have tried putting other things in there but just hasn't looked right as yet!
idafay

SpainRentalSite

Post by idafay »

Love the pool! The moving water effect is perfect in my browser (IE6). As a consumer, one of the first things I look at on a site are the pictures. Not all of the pictures are hyperlinked to enlarge. On your photos page, (Very pretty sunset pic, btw) I clicked on the Pilar De La Horadada to see the larger version, and it took a long time to load and I have a broadband connection. Sorry only a little time to look today, but will check again later.

Fay
www.RentThisLakeHouse.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Coo,what a change! I still like the pool :lol: I did have a few issues with the home page though-
" All our properties are designated non-smoking with smoking allowed on the patio/terraces. All the prices that are quoted INCLUDE the meet/greet at the property and also the departure clean there are no hidden extras to pay on arrival i.e that means there is nothing more to pay! The cleaning/meet and greet charge is met by us irrespective of how long your stay is i.e one clean per booking. Most properties are all within walking distance to .."
- this seems done in a hurry and maybe could be phrased in a friendlier manner,allowing the reader space to draw breath? Phew,that's me done...good luck :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
roxytoo

revamped

Post by roxytoo »

thanks for your comments, have looked at the piccy that takes a while to load and can't see why it should take so long, dosn't seem to on my computer, I am on broadband too.

I know what you mean about the home page but I wanted to put as much info about how we do it as I could before people datrted off elsewhere, I think we are in the minority in that are prices are all inclusive and I wanted to stress that! I will work on a friendlier version unless you have any ideas Fraise as I know how good you are at putting these things together!!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:oops: :oops:
charles

Post by charles »

My pool has had to be made smaller to accomodate all browsers
Out of curiousity what browsers were causing you problems? Last time I looked at your site when the pic was at full width it worked ok in all the major browsers I tried at the time.

Cheers,
Charles

revamped site

Post by roxytoo »

Hi Charles

I probably didn't word that well, what I meant was on a smaller screen one had to scroll left to right to see all pictures/text etc so now on a smaller screen it all fits!! so pool somehow had to be in the middle!
charles

Post by charles »

Ok, got you.

You could always resize the whole site to make it 760 pixels (or thereabouts) in width - then it will look nice to all and sundry.

Like Tansy's demo site

Charles

Post by alexia s. »

Hello Meischka,
Love the pool!
When I click on "properties for rent" I don't get anything (I can download "properties to purchase", though). Is this just my mac, or everybody's mac???
Best,
Alexia.
roxytoo

site

Post by roxytoo »

thanks Alexia, you should get drop downs to click on, the 'properties for rent' isn't actaully clickable but on the drop down 'all properties ' is!

can you get that?
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

I think that's what I did - I click on the title next to "home", which is "properties to rent" & I get nothing; I then click on the next title (for sale) & I get them. No other mac users around?
Best,
Alexia.
tansy

Post by tansy »

I'm OS X mac... no properties to rent either!
it's all a learning curve!
charles

Post by charles »

you should get drop downs to click on, the 'properties for rent' isn't actaully clickable but on the drop down 'all properties ' is!
When you hover on 'property to rent' the status bar at the bottom of the browser shows a link to the contactus page but when you click on it nothing happens (which is as per design I guess) - this also happens to the 'local area information' 'link'.

So it looks like the headers that are not clickable but have a drop-down menu may be coded incorrectly. Or at least they giving the impression of being a link to another page when they're not hence the confusion.

At least that's what I think is going on Image

Charles

website

Post by roxytoo »

charles are you saying when you hover over properties for rent you don't see the drop downs? I.e all properties. jardin del mar. el chaparral. entre naranjos
dmjarvis

Post by dmjarvis »

I love the pool picture as well. Not got much time to review site proper, but will come back again.
I notice others have commented on the drop-down navigations. It's generally accepted that all underlined text in websites indicates a link, and so I was expecting to be able to click the 'Properties For Rent' and 'Local Area Information' links. Instead of this, a drop-down list of options is displayed. It's not too serious, but for conventions sake, I would remove the underlines from these two sets of words.
Also, from the point of view of Search Engine appeal, I would add a few more H1 and H2 heading tags within the text, highlighting important pararaphs etc, and would embolden some key words in the text to draw the eye and to break up the plain text view a bit.
It would be quite nice if, when visitors click through to the contact page from a property detail page, the property id could be carried through and automatically inserted into the 'which property are you interested in' field.