My Cottage Holiday Free Listing

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

MyCottageHoliday wrote: I won't contribute to this thread again but I'm happy to respond to any enquiries or concerns raised with me directly.
That is a shame. I thought that your contributions were balanced and informative. As Paolo states, it is a good idea for business owners to contribute and set the record straight.

I think that it was only one person who questioned you posting on this Forum? There must be many more than just me who find posts like yours very welcome.

Please continue posting.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Agreed Naomi - we may not always agree with you MCH but at least you have the guts to come here and stand up for what you are doing when it is questioned. Please do continue to do so.

Also it's only fair to point out that MCH is providing a means to get reviews without paying through the nose that Tripadvisor denies to us self-catering operators, and from what you say you do respond to legitimate concerns from owners.
klockstone

Is MyCottageHoliday still functioning?

Post by klockstone »

Our property is way out of date. I've sent a form, sent an email and no reply. The phone number is unobtainable. Is the site being staffed on a day to day basis or is it on autopilot?

Keith.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Well, according to Google Analytics, MHC is now the 3rd best site at driving visitors to our site after a very short space of time. Unfortunately no enquiries or bookings yet but I guess you have to start somewhere. So the jury is still out.
klockstone

Post by klockstone »

Since January we have been independent of Helpful Holidays (agency) who uploaded our details on to the My Cottage Holiday web site. Hence contact details etc. are incorrect.

This was done some 2 years ago without our knowledge or consent. However, we are happy to take over the responsibility for keeping this page up to date.

As an interim measure, we've put up a dummy review they'll need to remove.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Actually, I'm wrong, I was confused about the website names ( why are so many so similar?) it was actually myfavouriteholidaycottages. Or is that the same thing?
klockstone

Post by klockstone »

It's about: mycottageholiday.co.uk who allow clients to review properties they've been to.

I see the whole page has now been removed, but there's no feedback from their staff.

Post by klockstone »

The story continues: viewtopic.php?p=225381#225381
Keith
www.larches-cottage.co.uk

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.