Appreciate your reviews

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tref

Appreciate your reviews

Post by tref »

We are new to this forum but would appreciate your reviews of our site and how fast it loaded.

www.hirondelles87.com

Thanks

Trefor
enid

Post by enid »

Just a quick feed back from me for now as I'm supposed to be working on our accounts! I have a very slow connection here but your home page did come up quickly - the main photo took ages though. The other pages loaded fine.
mario

Post by mario »

I am not one of the experts here yet,re speed I am on broadband and every page loaded very quick including pictures,the pictures themselves are clear, I myself like pictures with shadows and borders as I feel they stand out more,also I prefer a to have the main links on all the pages so I can quickly navigate to were I want without having to go to the home page,hope this helps.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It loaded quickly and looks a very pleasant site ,and a nice place to stay,well done!!! :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
accommodation-in-spain

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

Hi

Just had a look at the site and it looks lovely and simple to use which is always a bonus.

A photo of that gorgeous pool on the home page may be an idea - that is a real selling point! The picture on the home page was slightly slow and I am on broadband, maybe a slightly lower resolution one would be a good idea.

The only other thing is that the Resevation Enquiries button or logo thing didn't show on my screen but that may just be my pc and not a site problem.

Like Fraise said it looks like a great property and you have done really well fitting out all the rooms, they look gorgeous!
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz
mvus

Post by mvus »

Hi,

Try resizing the front page image down from 1128 wide to around 500 as it will look the same size on the page and load more quickly. Resize the other images down (if you've done the same thing) before putting them on your webpage rather than using the web application to resize the images
tref

Post by tref »

Thank you to everyone for your kind and informative replies. I will be correcting the photo on the front page tout suite, I suspected it was loading slowly.

Regards
Trefor
yorks

Post by yorks »

The website HTML is well structured and has all the correct metatags in so well done in that area. Ok for SE's like Google.

You dont have a links page so how are you going to exchange links with people ? Remember Google is very keen on IBLs (In Bound Links)

Also the website looks like a thousand other accommodation websites. Try and get a nice design done for the site or perhaps use a professionally designed template. These can be purchased very cheaply !
evabal

Post by evabal »

I agree with Yorks, the site looks a little plain.

here are some suggestions:

Change your link colors (even the visited links) to any other color than blue.
Put the picture in a frame if you do not wish to change the background color or even if you change it some light smokey brown. tr to pick the color of the building as a background color.

Your main picture is ver 3 MB. No need for it as nobody will print it out and the computerscreen is not so great that it could differentiate with a picture of 300 KB and 3 MB. Do you have Adobe Photoshop? If you do, you should open the picture than choose Save it for web and downsize the photo for 300 KB. You will be able to compare quality as you are doing this.

Yes, your website loads slow. On ISDN it is 18 seconds but not everyone has this kind of a speed. On 56 (and this is what majority of people still use) it takes 58 seconds.

As you are using a left side menu I would suggest to either insert a line after the heading and the menu so the heading would look more in balance OR align the title and the heading in the center line with the photograph.

Are yu planning on people finding yutrough search engines? If yes, you need way more content on the front page.

I do not mean to sound as a know it all and that I am lecturing here, I jut sreally think it would very much approve your site and your ranking.

Most Sincerely,
Eva
Renata

Post by Renata »

I like your site.
You have additional Meta tags....like spider info that I do not have.
So, I am glad that I saw this here.
I show your Home Page picture to be 140kb.
You could probably optimize that image and help your loading speed. There are a few programs that you can download for free...if you search the web.

I think that your background could use some color, white can work on some sites, but it washes out your pictures.
I would say that your theme is "Nature" so perhaps a background would make your photos POP.
I would look for something in a shade that compliments the green in your photos and the background already on your page.
Lt green ot blue ??

I would also try to set up each page the same and add the same navigation to the same location on each page.

You have supplied adequate information, bit I would make your Contact Info a bit more prominent. You want them to find you!!!

Good Luck,
Renata Gozdziak
Renata Gozdziak
Chicago Illinois---Daytona Beach Florida
tref

Post by tref »

Thanks again to everyone.
The front-page picture has now been re-sized and loads quicker. The background I will be experimenting with, I am not keen on using a commercial template as the site gets a 5 page ranking with Goggle and I would like to keep it simple to navigate for customers and spiders. The links on every page I will be experimenting with different colours as suggested or even making them into buttons.
I am very pleased with all your comments and its a very good exercise to have constructive criticism especially when you might think its perfect but feedback points to improvement.

Best Regards
Trefor
idafay

Web site "Look"

Post by idafay »

I'm a newbie, but I like the look of your website. The pictures were good and loaded quickly with my connection. Here are a couple of little things I saw: On the B&B page, a graphic in the top left did not load for me. Neither did the graphic after "For Reservation Inquiries" on B&B pg, same on gite.htm. Also the graphic after "course details" on the Beginner's French pg. did not load. Thought you would want to know.

Fay