DUTCH HOLIDAY RENTAL SITES

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Linda

DUTCH HOLIDAY RENTAL SITES

Post by Linda »

Hi All

Does anyone know any dutch websites I can advertise my property on? eg dutch equivalent of holiday-rentals etc

Thanks in advance

Linda
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Linda,
I advertise on www.pinson.nl, but it is free and I have never had a booking, so I don't think it is the equivalent of H-R.com! Abritel, who are big, have a www.abritel.nl site called Happy Homes, they maybe better bet.

You could do a few searches on Dutch search engines using
"particuliere vakantie-accommodatie"
which is private self catering accomodation (I think), + your country in Dutch.
Susan
paolo

Post by paolo »

Other Dutch search terms:

vakantiehuizen
vakantiewoningen

which both mean 'holiday houses'
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Unable to say if they are any good as i have not used them, at the beginingof the year i think a free trail period was offered but currently nothing running with them

http://www.bonjour.nl/prijsoverzicht.php?lang=en

http://www.chambresdhotes.nl/uk/frame.htm
Nessie
janskov

Post by janskov »

I have had six inquiries and one booking from http://www.home-xp.com/
In my case that is a reasonable conversion rate (Croatia).
They charge 40 Euro per years.
tansy

Post by tansy »

I was on Alassi.com or nl - got a few enquiries but never a booking.
it's all a learning curve!
aillis

Post by aillis »

I used Alassie one year no bookings ,but used abritel and got dutch clients but not many inquieries inspite of advertising dutch speaking wife
Theo

Dutch rental sites

Post by Theo »

You could also try [post edited] which is the largest Dutch site.
I'm Dutch and it works for me.
paolo

Re: Dutch rental sites

Post by paolo »

Theo wrote:You could also try [post edited] which is the largest Dutch site.
I'm Dutch and it works for me.
Do you mean it works for you as the owner of .......?!
Last edited by paolo on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Theo

Post by Theo »

As well as... I would not have replied if it were not relevant for this topic. :wink:
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes but sadly you are not allowed to post here recommending your own listing site. Who is your avatar by the way? Is it van Gogh's brother?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Theo

Post by Theo »

Sorry, I'll restrain myself next time.
My avatar is my great grandfathers brother Jan Noordewier who emigrated to the US and became a Dutch reformed preacher . The photograph is from 1906. I use it in my role as moderator of another forum; doesn't he look like an alert shepherd?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Theo,
I might be interested in advertising, but before that I would like to know a little more about the Dutch market, for example how much Dutch people are prepared to pay for accomodation - is it more in line with the French budget or the UK budget? Do the Dutch come to France only in the summer months? I don't wish to stereotype, but in Brittany I see far more Dutch registered camper vans than cars, which implies to me that they prefer that sort of accomodation to rental properties.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Hello Susan,

It is difficult to stereotype 2,8 million Dutch that visit France every year to spend their holidays. I only know the facts up to 2004: 16% of the Dutch go out camping either in their caravans, tents or campers. The rest of them go to their second home, stay in hotels, gîtes and chambres d'hôtes or wherever they stay. The preconception that all Dutch bring their tents and caravans, potatoes and peanut butter is certainly not correct.
(campers and caravans stand out…)
Traditionally France is the most important holiday destination for the Dutch and they come in all sorts, with all sorts off budgets. As a rule you can assume that the majority will look for a bargain and settle for a bit more expensive then that. I do not know what exactly the difference is between a French and British budget. I assume that on average the British are used to pay more for their accommodation. Nevertheless amongst the 2,8 million Dutch there are a lot with a budget; in total they spend 1,9 billion Euros per year in France alone.

As a rule you can say that the summer months will attract the majority off tourist, also from the Netherlands and Belgium. You will recognise the marketplaces in France in off season: there are a few French and quite a lot of British and Dutch. They are not the renters you are looking for but they are your competition, most of them house owners trying to rent out.
Off course there are those not bound to work or school holidays that will rent in off season but then there is little demand and a lot availability.

There is one sure thing that make Dutch (and the Belgians) good renters: they’ll leave the place probably much cleaner then you can ever present it to them and they probably will have fixed your dripping tap. It is the true preconception we have to live with; we all clean our doorsteps…
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Susan...I was once told that the Dutch and Scandinavians would not pay GBP for a weekly rental. Well..we've proved them wrong (and this advise came from a Swedish neighbour)! We have had bookings from Denmark, Sweden, Finland last year.

This year, we have had 4 bookings from the same countries!