Sample of flyer?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Thanks FC -

The ad looks OK with a plain white background - I was just thinking of something like a pastelly beige type affair, just something that wasn't quite 'white' and maybe a tad more professional, if you know what I mean.

Unless anyone here comes up with the knowledge of how to change the background (if indeed you can) I'll go for buying the coloured paper.

It may well be that with the free version, you can't do anything quite so fancy as changing the background - but the free version has plenty of other functionality for me.

I certainly can't justify forking out 50 plus smackeroonies to purchase the X5 version, which has far more 'bells and whistles' than I'm ever likely to use :lol:
Ray
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Oh, you'll print out fine on creamy-beige-y paper, Ray - it's what I use myself and have never had problems. I agree it looks much more professional. And tbh I think you'd get a better result using coloured paper.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Colour paper it is then :)

Thanks very much for the advice on serif page plus FC , I really do appreciate you sparing a bit of your very valuable time in helping me out :D

And thanks for the tip about the coloured paper Harborfields, will no doubt save me a lot of ink and the potential for soggy paper :lol:
Ray
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Holiday Ray wrote: Thanks very much for the advice on serif page plus FC , I really do appreciate you sparing a bit of your very valuable time in helping me out :D
Awww, aren't you sweet :lol: You're more than welcome!
paul stanbridge

I wouldn't bother.

Post by paul stanbridge »

Not to be too disheartening but Ive done quite a few flying campaigns for my chalet in Avoriaz and haven't had any joy whatsoever. I think the last time I handed out 1,000 flyers at a local and affluent antiques market and got zero responses. May just be my poor marketing skills though! Im sure you'll do a better job.