Election fever

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.

If there was an election tomorrow for President of the World, who would you vote for?

George Bush
10%
John Kerry
No votes
Tony Blair
No votes
Jacques Chirac
10%
Hu Jintao
No votes
Manmohan Singh
10%
Nelson Mandela
20%
Prince Charles
20%
David Beckham
20%
Anita Roddick
10%

Total votes: 10

paolo

Election fever

Post by paolo »

Not all of us can vote in the US election, but we can all have our say in the Lay My Hat World Election...
Last edited by paolo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

Shame on you. Paolo, not one woman in your list! I wonder what that says about you?
Magg :roll: ie
paolo

Post by paolo »

Nothing good I'm afraid. Let's add one - who would you nominate? (Not your namesake please!)
Paolo
Lay My Hat
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Paolo, as I don't trust politicians farther than I can throw a 150Kg sumo wrestler, I voted for someone involved with a sport that brings joy to so many millions around the world - football!
An obvious choice, don't you think!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
paolo

Post by paolo »

John,

I had a fancy you might go for him. He did look good on a throne at his wedding, and there is a certain rigidity to his reasoning which would serve him well, so he is probably an excellent choice.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

After much debate, I've decided that Anita Roddick gets my nomination. I certainly wouldn't want a politician, as I would want someone with integrity, Royalty will be first against the wall come the revolution, and I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I can throw them!
Having read John's posting, I think I may have misunderstood. I thought that a world leader should be able to demonstrate some sort of intellectual capability, rather than just kick a ball about and do some shopping! Oh well, at least DB does his own shopping, unlike Prince Charles.
By the way, it's very generous of you, Paolo, allowing women one nomination, when there are 9 men! Are you this generous to your wife?? :lol:
Maggie
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Maggiem, I'm not one to contradict, especially with the opposite sex, though to be leader of the world, considering the candidates we have available, who says that they have to be smart! Beckham kicks balls into space whilst others seem to be living in a space of their own all of the time. Apart from that, judging by the mess the world is in today, a high IQ and common sense don't seem to be qualifying credentials!
Paolo seems to be stirring up a hornets' nest by not proposing any female candidature! We could have had Posh Spice running against Becks, Hilary Clinton Vs Bush & Kerry with a little help from Monika Lewinski maybe! Good old Maggie Thatcher would have given the boys a run for their money during her heyday!
On a serious note, Pope John Paul would have been an ideal candidate, if only for his intervention in bringing down the walls throughout eastern Europe.
Malta – always in the sunshine!
paolo

Post by paolo »

My wife is my lord and master, all-powerful and merciless, she wears all the trousers round here. However, I just threw together a smattering of world leaders that came to mind, and not too many ladies are in office at the moment (New Zealand?).

For anyone who doesn't know who Anita Roddick is, she sells overpriced moisturiser and eats lots of muesli. Is that a fair assessment? I wouldn't want to undersell her credentials...
Paolo
Lay My Hat