Please review my website giverny.co.uk

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Kate Brierley

Please review my website giverny.co.uk

Post by Kate Brierley »

I have had a website for 5 years but it needed an overhaul and my friend in England has pulled this new simple site together for me. There is a lot to do in terms of creating links but I would appreciate any feedback on the design, layout and content.

Please let me know what you think!
Thanks, Kate

www.giverny.co.uk
Garri

Post by Garri »

Hello Kate, I like your site, it's one of the better ones I've seen using iWeb. Here's some quick observations:

- Homepage: Useful links in right sidebar would be best replaced with links to pages on your own site, not external sites. Consider replacing them with pricing info, e.g. Sleeps 4 - from €700 per week including private pool. Then a 'call to action' e.g. to make a booking enquiry please check our availability calendar (or words to that effect)

- Create a new nav item called 'Useful Links' and place the links from front page here, along with others. If possible, group each type of link under categories, e.g. local, restaurants, bars/cafes, things to see and do, etc etc.

- Photo Galleries: If possible, try and make it so the larger sized photos in gallery appear 'above the fold', i.e. without users needing to scroll to access the gallery's navigation controls. That would mean removing the content header and sub-header, or moving it below the gallery. I understand there's some SEO issues here, so tread carefully, but it would be much better to have the photos galleries and associated navigation controls above the fold.
Kate Brierley

Thanks Garri for feedback

Post by Kate Brierley »

Many thanks Garri for your detailed feedback. I will take your suggestions into consideration as I get the site developed.

Kate
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi,
I too really like your website. I was reassured to see that an iweb template site could be done so well.
I was very intrigued to see your contact page as it isn't a regular iweb page and I am not very impressed with the current option of just clicking on my email. I am also not very keen to see my email address set up for all to see as it makes it easier to be spammed, I believe?
Was it easy to do this and how did you do it?

Thanks!
baylor

Post by baylor »

Lovely site--very clean and the photos are beautiful. It looks like an amazing house.

Might be worth saying that you live nearby or whatever... for some people that can be a bonus?

I like the personal touch too, with your photos and your personal story. It makes it seem really like it's a part of you--which of course it is! =)

Just a few notes:
On the welcome page, "it's" should be "its"
On the about page, there's a space needed between cottagehas
and CD'sare

Maybe a note about the changeover dates on the weeks.

Otherwise it looks really good from a punter perspective!

Best wishes
-b
lorca

Post by lorca »

Yes, very nice site and lovely property

I´m a bit confused by the name though - are people likely to think it´s actually near Giverny?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Eh? why has this old thread awaken from the dead for?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

I did a search for threads on iweb and this came up and thus my subsequent question about the contact page.
But I have found a solution to that - a free widget downloaded from the net!
lorca

Post by lorca »

casasantoestevo wrote:Eh? why has this old thread awaken from the dead for?
sorry - I hadn´t noticed the date :oops: