Free Advertising

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
F1REFLY999
Location: Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain

Free Advertising

Post by F1REFLY999 »

Hi all, after searching the web i found this site thatvilla.com which is free to advertise on, check it out.
Last edited by F1REFLY999 on Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paolo

Post by paolo »

It isn't free, despite what it says on the homepage. The current cost is £99, normally it is £145 for a year.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
F1REFLY999

Post by F1REFLY999 »

Hi Paolo i have just advertised for 12 months at no cost, check it out. No payments required
paolo

Post by paolo »

OK, I was going on what it said on the site.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
A-two

Post by A-two »

F1REFLY999 wrote:Hi Paolo i have just advertised for 12 months at no cost, check it out. No payments required
But you're the site owner aren't you?
Waves from America
enid

Post by enid »

If that's true - I'm getting fed up of people who think they can post here under the guise of property owner to try to use this forum for their own ends - they should have realised by now that we aren't stupid - there are some sharp cookies on this forum - that's why I love it! So come on - stop trying to get one over on us!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Go girl! I like your spirit Enid!! I think there have been a few people who have posted on here thinking they might be able to fool us into trying their "product"-a loose term for whatever it may be!There are some very sharp people here and hopefully we haven't been fooled!! :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Enid & Fraise,

No! We are not stupid.

No! We are not working to hidden agendas.

Yes! Those who are working to hidden agendas are spotted very quickly, because we are not stupid.

We have had a number of these creatures recently but once sussed out they became very obvious by their overwhelming silence. They are nothing more than minor irritations. Minor irritations which one must expect on an open forum.

Long live the forum says Fluffy.

Alan
F1REFLY999

Post by F1REFLY999 »

How dare you!! I dont own the site and have no conection what so ever with the site. I'm a holiday home owner only trying to help others out.
I thought this forum is about everyone helping each other, but it seems there is to many people with bigs mouths and small brains :!:
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

F1REFLY999,

Do you have a more conventional name I could use? Would you be Donald by any chance? I do wonder why people hide behind pseudonyms.
How dare you!!
How dare who?
I thought this forum is about everyone helping each other, but it seems there is to many people with bigs mouths and small brains
You are quite right in that thought but people do have their suspicions and they are entitled to express them, whatever the relative size of their mouths or their brains.

To get back to the subject at hand I quote from the Thatvilla.com website.
Normally we charge a flat rate of only £145 per year or £199 for two years - One of the lowest rates online. However until our official launch in October all rental advertising and all additional services are totally FREE.
Clearly you are right in what you say. For the time being advertising on it is free.

Alan
paolo

Post by paolo »

There is a misunderstanding here. Joanna asked if firefly999 is the owner of the site, enid said something conditional on IF that is true, and Fraise followed on from there. There is no accusation here aimed directly at firefly999.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
oskar

Post by oskar »

I think in this case your accusations are misplaced.

F1REFLY999 has been advertising his property and posting on other forums I visit for some considerable time.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Waves from America
A-two

Post by A-two »

F1REFLY999 wrote: [......]it seems there is to many people with bigs mouths and small brains :!:
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Ouch! Remind me not to disagree with you about anything serious.... :) My question was innocent enough. No offense intended and none taken. Your original post did not add a URL hyperlink or www. to the listing site you were recommending, added to which the convention here seems to be to add the personal websites underneath the person's name as part of their signature file, not instead of their name, so I didn't even read yours as a signature file at all, neither did I see thatvilla. Also, Fuerterentals sounds to me like a listing site name because it's in the plural.

Now read this again:
Hi Paolo i have just advertised for 12 months at no cost, check it out. No payments required

Simple mistake, sorry....but no need to bite my head off !!! Obviously I'm too busy right now to be reading straight, so I'll be back when I have more time.
Waves from America
F1REFLY999

Post by F1REFLY999 »

The website was fully listed but the www. was removed by the forum admin :!: