And now the new logo, what do you think?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
kirkland

Post by kirkland »

For what it`s worth, I think there is slightly too much white space between the V and the "i". Also I`m never completely happy with made up type faces like the V. Typo designers take a lot of time & trouble to design typefaces. Just my first thoughts.
HenryG

Post by HenryG »

Download Inkscape it's free

http://www.inkscape.org

I used it a lot to make logos. For friends and so on, am no professional here.

But logos - you do it in 'vectors'

Meaning you can stretch and compress, like rubber. Looks great big or small. Close-up or from a distance.

Am no expert on logos, but truly love the "subject", the philosophy behind it - branding .. that sort of thing ...

Rules for a great logo:

1. Somethign you can squish so small it can then become used as a favicon.

2. Somethign that could work equally with added text and without.

3. Something that could be pretty indentifiable without colours, ie monochrome or greyscale

4. Now tricky bit - and very debatable: Something that by itself could suggest (or allude to) what the business might be about. Like a pictogram of sorts.

Problem with logos is that it often suffers from the Biker Shed's effect.

But there is a certain 'innocence' about logos. That when made by the client themselves, sometimes without previous experience. Could still work out pretty well.
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

Hey thanks for the app.

I might contact pro´s for the matter, althought I should have a look at it to see if with this I can save some money.

What do you think of having 2 logos? one only text and another with the tree?
www.nuevespigas.com Villa in Casarabonela, Malaga. Spain

9 rooms, 18 people. private pool
Garri

Post by Garri »

andilubio wrote: I might contact pro´s for the matter, althought I should have a look at it to see if with this I can save some money.
You shouldn't need to, if you follow any of the links I've posted here you should be able to handle it yourself and save a lot of money.
andilubio wrote: What do you think of having 2 logos? one only text and another with the tree?
That would be a cop out, wouldn't it. The trick/skill is to cleverly combine both and that requires talent, and that costs some money.

Failing all of that, just use Comic Sans.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Here's an article worth reading: Six things to keep in mind when designing a logo
spelding

Post by spelding »

Hi all,
I know I'm new here so my opinion doesn't carry a massive amount of weight, but i'd thought just chip in to echo what others are saying about vector logos.

The great thing about simple two colour vector logos, is that they are very now and if you decide to have some stationary printed they usually look very clean even in b&w.

Garri

Post by Garri »

Great example! To give it a bit more balance I would explore the idea of replacing the L in 'la' with the tree. Also, nice touch with the falling leaf as the dot on the i.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Or blend the tree trunk into the left hand fork of the V?

MG
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

Guys, haven´t been around cuz of school, but I really thank you support in the makings of the logo...

Spelding that logo looks like a pretty good start, I kinda like that leaf over the i.

Garri and MG, two good ideas too!

I´m not having alot of time these days to explore the vectors learning but as said before I´m in the works of getting a new logo, and this time from a company...I´d like to think I´m not throwing my money. :roll:
www.nuevespigas.com Villa in Casarabonela, Malaga. Spain

9 rooms, 18 people. private pool
Garri

Post by Garri »

Andilubio, this has just been launched and may be of interest you: http://99designs.com/logo-design/store
CatGirl

Post by CatGirl »

Keep your logo simple! Otherwise it will just take over from everything else.

Had a look a your website and found a glitch.
Clicked to go to the Spanish site and then returned to the Engish one. Flag link takes me to this page which doesn't exist.
http://www.laera.es/Home_eng.html
Sometimes I sits and I thinks but sometimes I just sits

www.roda-golf.co.uk