Youngsters

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

tansy wrote:I've just had an enquiry in for 6 policemen from N.Ireland....they promise they will be good and leave my house in one piece... I think they will - I'm taking the booking ... partly as I am originally from Northern Ireland - so hopefully single sex groups - it isn't always true or I have a repeat pattern of the Norfolk Village!
Some of the rowdiest people have known (socially) have been policeman/women.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Tansy,
How old are the policemen? Just curious.
Best,
Alexia.
A-two

Post by A-two »

tansy wrote:I've just had an enquiry in for 6 policemen from N.Ireland....they promise they will be good and leave my house in one piece... I think they will - I'm taking the booking ... partly as I am originally from Northern Ireland - so hopefully single sex groups - it isn't always true or I have a repeat pattern of the Norfolk Village!
You go girl! But you know what they say about policemen who look too young.....
Waves from America
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Had this enquiry through yesterday...what do you all think? Don't know whether it is genuine or not ...althought he has given me a contact number (not tried it though). I sent a reply back saying thank you but we do not rent to groups of teenagers.

"Dear sir/madam,My son and some friends are considering
renting a villa next summer for two weeks. At the time of the holiday they will all be 17 years of age. Would you consider taking this rental if enough of a deposit (say £2000)was paid as a surety against return of the property in good state?
Yours sincerly,
Ian Fegen "
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It seems genuine enough but they are all underage!He does offer a large deposit so must realise there is a problem.I think you were quite right-it could be far too much worry and who exactly would make the booking as none of them are legally responsible? (Alexia? Fluffy?). Trouble waiting to happen :?

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Funnily enough the amount of the security deposit raised my eyebrows...what did he expect these kids to get up to! Well I wouldn't like to even guess!
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

To be honest I'm surprised that the boys would want to stay in your villa (no disrespect intended!) most teenage boys don't want to be in a quiet area or a private villa. They want to be in the centre of things and near a pool that has teenage girls sitting round it in bikinis!!!!

I would have thought that your villa probably appeals more to the parents - perhaps they're trying to exert some control.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise wrote:I think you were quite right-it could be far too much worry and who exactly would make the booking as none of them are legally responsible? (Alexia? Fluffy?). Trouble waiting to happen :?
My answer to that is enter into a contract with the parent not the child. If everything goes wrong, keep the deposit, claim on insurance and sue the parent. It's a simple answer to a simple question.
LaLuz wrote:To be honest I'm surprised that the boys would want to stay in your villa (no disrespect intended!) most teenage boys don't want to be in a quiet area or a private villa. They want to be in the centre of things and near a pool that has teenage girls sitting round it in bikinis!!!!
For goodness sake, it's only a few minutes away from Torreblanca, Fuengirola, Benalmadena and Torremolinos. If you think that's not in the centre of things you don't know the Costa del Sol.

Alan
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Crystal

As I started this subject, I would caution against six boys - £2,000 might seem a lot but could be used up very rapidly. We went through £800 costs with the lads we had and the damage was not that terrible. All the electrical equipment and furniture and fittings were intact and it was repairs and cleaning that rapidly built up costs.

Apart from the money, it is the trauma of having to deal with the mess (in our case beer and vomit) and getting the place back to standard.

Our little darling has responded to our letter claiming the costs. He admits minor breakages amounting to £25, apologises for the obscene remark and picture in the Visitors Book, claims the damages were fair wear and tear and says that he hoovered and cleaned up before he left. I can only think that he hoovered around the vomit! The Small Claims Court beckons.

John
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

John

Haven't even given it a second thought. The £2000 security deposit to me seems like a dangling carrot! I wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with complaints from neighbours or the headache and backache of clearing up any mess. As our villa is quite large we are on a very tight schedule on change-over day to get the villa cleaned and ready for new guests. So wouldn't want the hassle of cleaning up after 8 teenagers or trying sorting out any damages....it wouldn't be fair on the new guests checking-in.

I clear up after 1 teenager at home and that's more than enough! :lol:
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

For goodness sake, it's only a few minutes away from Torreblanca, Fuengirola, Benalmadena and Torremolinos. If you think that's not in the centre of things you don't know the Costa del Sol.
Many apologies if I offended you Alan, you are quite right I do not know the CDS very well. I was basing my opinion on Crystals website and my knowledge of teenage boys.

The teenagers I know claim that there is no such thing as too close to the clubs and bars and a 15 minute walk would been seen as the back of beyond.

In the centre of things to them is above the bar or nightclub with no walking at all, the sort of place that you and I would probably consider to be hell on earth!!!

I just thought that the house looked more like the sort of property I would book, not my teenage son, but then I would guess that I am more the guest that Crystal would like to rent to than my tennage son! :lol:

Maybe this was the parents idea in the first place
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

LaLuz

You'd be amazed at the number of enquiries we've had from groups under the age of 21 that we've had to turn down!
I think (in my opinion) the attraction of teenagers renting a detached villa is that they wrongly assume that they can make more noise and play loud music than if they were in a hotel room or in an apartment block, also not having a hotel manager or rep to keep an eye on things is a bonus! Plus, a private pool is also one of the main attractions...most communal/hotel pools do not allow any type of inflatables and are closed after certain hours in the evening...our pool is accessible 24 hours!

However, saying that, we have had 2 exceptions where we have accepted groups 21 and under..a group of graduates that wanted a chill out holiday after their gruelling final exams (had no complaints from neighbours and they left the villa immaculate) and another group from Belfast that had a mixed sex/age group from 18 to 22, who sent us a really nice email explaining that even though they were a young group, they were well behaved than most adults over the age of 21. On both occasions I telephoned them to check out the level of maturity.

On the geographical issue, Torreblanca has really now 'blended' in with the main resort town of Fuengirola. Our villa is within walking distance to everything (beaches, bars & restaurants) but just far enough if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the main resort.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

LaLuz,

No offence taken and absolutely no apology necessary.

I take your point about what I might think is in the centre of things and how teenagers view such things.

Would a bunk-bed half way between the bar and the bog be close enough for them?

Alan
A-two

Post by A-two »

Crystal wrote:....it wouldn't be fair on the new guests checking-in.
You said it!
Waves from America
cromercrabholiday

Update

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Hi

If you can remember that far back, I started this after seven likely lads had left our cottage in a state. After brief correspondence, we are far apart with him half alleging that our cleaners trashed the place and offering £25 for two minor breakages and us demanding the £800+ that it cost us to sort out the problems.

We found out that the Citizens Advice Bureau had a free service weekly of up to half an hour with a lawyer. After a false start last week as there was nobody with appropriate knowledge, we spoke to a lawyer this week who liked the organisation of the paperwork and thought that we had a very strong case.

In UK, there is a Small Claims Court that handles such cases and the next step is to lodge a claim with them. In about three months, the case will come to court and we'll get a judgement. Assuming that we win the case, we only need to get the money out of the little blighter then. Fortunately, we know who his employer is, so at worst we will be able to get the money drip-fed as an attachment of earnings.

I'll keep you posted.

John