Web site review please????

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
PeeJay

Web site review please????

Post by PeeJay »

Would appreciate any comments also references for web hosting.

http://www.dinastia-apartment.com/

Many thanks
Last edited by PeeJay on Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
accommodation-in-spain

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

Hi PeeJay

It looks lovely and is simple to use which is great - the main photo did take some time to load but my broadband is broken at the moment so it would be fine usually I am sure.

The only other comment I would make is a quick view of the amenities on the home page (as on your booking and contact details page) would be good. Also do try and hide your e-mail address rather than publish it directly - via a hyperlink may be an idea- this will help to reduce spamming for you.

Re hosting, I use http://www.lowcostnames.co.uk/ who are good and not badly priced.
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

cheers and thanks for the comments.

How(in laymans terms) do you hide the email address with a Hyperlink thingy???? :shock:
Last edited by PeeJay on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi PJ,

To be blunt..the very first thing that came to my mind when I opened your site was that it was advertising the local clinic/hospital/vet etc - I think it's the combination of the blue &green colours and the crosses that gave me that impressions [told you I'd be blunt :wink: ]

But maybe that's just me...

Otherwise it loaded quickly and is interesting...what is there anyway.

I would recommend taking out the negatives though: for example, the "page under construction" message - it's so 90s and doesn't help the visitor much - especially for such a long lead-time. Ditto with the "small welcome pack" - it would (imho) sound better just saying "welcome pack". (there's a typo in that paragraph btw: occassions ).

I like www.easyspace.com for a host.

My 2€ anyway,

Cheers,
Charles

Post by PeeJay »

thanks.............er I think :wink:
charles

Post by charles »

You did say any comments! :shock:

Cheers
Charles

Post by PeeJay »

Have just added/revised our photos after completing on the apartment purchase and the delivery of the furniture.

http://www.dinastia-apartment.com/

Pete
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Pete, the website is punchy, tidy, attractive, with good photos - there's only one thing that I didn't care for, and that was the text, which is in thick black on the home page, and black again, but finer, mixed with bold, on other pages. One of the most appealing things about the home page was the use of the blues and blue-greys, which suggests calm, (read chilling out) sea (read chilling out) , plus style/sophistication etc, thus a bit at odds with the in-your-face black. Could you not adopt the dark blue-grey colour you used in the (upper case) heading, 'Dinastia Apartment' for your text as well? Aesthetically, the more continuity the better, in my humble opinion.
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi.well done! You've furnished it really nicely.Thje site told me everything I needed to know in an economic way-always a bonus!! Good luck with bookings :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Jane Bennett wrote:Pete, the website is punchy, tidy, attractive, with good photos - there's only one thing that I didn't care for, and that was the text, which is in thick black on the home page, and black again, but finer, mixed with bold, on other pages. One of the most appealing things about the home page was the use of the blues and blue-greys, which suggests calm, (read chilling out) sea (read chilling out) , plus style/sophistication etc, thus a bit at odds with the in-your-face black. Could you not adopt the dark blue-grey colour you used in the (upper case) heading, 'Dinastia Apartment' for your text as well? Aesthetically, the more continuity the better, in my humble opinion.

www.gasconymagic.com
Cheers Jane will take your advice on that :D
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Fraise wrote:Hi.well done! You've furnished it really nicely.Thje site told me everything I needed to know in an economic way-always a bonus!! Good luck with bookings :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Thanks for the good luck wishes ..... got 8 weeks booked for next year so far :D
Ju

Post by Ju »

I reallylike the site, it's easy to use and the photos are good.

Just 2 small comments.

Whilst I like the colour of the text, I think it could be made a bit thinner (is it in bold at the moment?); it feels a bit like someone shouting at me.

I would like to see more about the island and the area. I've never been to Tenerife, and I'm sure for some of your customers it might be their first time too.

Good luck.

Ju
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Ju wrote:I reallylike the site, it's easy to use and the photos are good.

Just 2 small comments.

Whilst I like the colour of the text, I think it could be made a bit thinner (is it in bold at the moment?); it feels a bit like someone shouting at me.

I would like to see more about the island and the area. I've never been to Tenerife, and I'm sure for some of your customers it might be their first time too.

Good luck.

Ju
Thanks for the advice will look for some island info links.

Peter
lehcar

Post by lehcar »

PeeJay wrote: How(in laymans terms) do you hide the email address with a Hyperlink thingy???? :shock:
(even though you have not got the email address on your page, it is in the code!)

Highlight the text that you want to turn into a hyperlink.
Where you would type the @ sign put this & # 64 ;
eg enquiries & # 64 ; dinastia-apartment.com (but no spaces between characters, I had to put them in as when I post this message it would automatically change to an @ sign!)

Your place looks very inviting I must say, especially on a day like today!! windy.......raining :(

Rachel
:)
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Ju wrote:I reallylike the site, it's easy to use and the photos are good.

Just 2 small comments.

Good luck.

Ju
Have added a gallery page with info on the resort.