Finding a Changeover Cleaner

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
yewtreecottage

Finding a Changeover Cleaner

Post by yewtreecottage »

Im looking for a changeover cleaner for a self catering cottage but not sure where to look or advertise. It is up in the North Yorkshire area, and I wont be employing them on a full time basis, just on an as needs basis.

Can anyone recommend websites to go to find people/companies who provide this kind of service?

Or if I have to advertise on my own, where I would do this, how much it costs, and what success rate other people have had?

Any advice on how to go about finding a changeover cleaner / things to vet/ask them before signing them up?

Many thanks
Yew Tree Cottage - an unforgettable experience. Get away from it all - enjoy the fresh air, the local food, and be relaxed the minute you arrive.
http://www.yewtreecottagewestow.co.uk
jane reed

Post by jane reed »

i have had the best result via word of mouth, try asking neighbours, local shop and pub.
I find it is best to be open and try and write a list of what you want cleaning like a check list also decide is this person capable of shopping when needed. The first few times i try and clean with the person, having two people clean is the best option and then when one is on holiday the other person can deal with the cottage.
Also if one person leaves the other person can train the new member of staff. You need to check how the person wish's to be paid, will they work self employed invoicing you for hours done. (hope this helps)
Smile and the world smiles back
(some days its a grimace,but customers do not know)
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We emailed local holiday lets to see who they use and to see if they could recommend anyone.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Annew

Post by Annew »

One tip I can give for when you have found a cleaner.

Write a cleaning manual. ie, go through room by room exactly what should be cleaned in the order you wish in plain english. For example: Bedroom 1 - strip beds, dust all surfaces, skirting doors, wardrobes etc, hoover floor, under bed, inside wardrobes, make bed (according to your preference obviously), dress bed (cushions, throws etc) and so on.... detailing the cleaning methods and materials to be used.

I got this tip from a friend who worked as a housekeeping manager in a very large 5 star London hotel.

It may seem a bit excessive, but it has worked well for me when I've had to employ relief or agency staff.