Work in progress - comments welcome

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Love the photos!

but....

sorry if I come across as hyper-critical, but that woman in the 3rd photo on the second line is scary! :shock: The photo doesn't fit in with all the others!

As it is a photo of a TV screen, couldn't you just cut and paste in a nice serene photo of one of the lakes? (PM me if you don't know how and I'll do it for you).
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Why's it scary?

That woman is Felicity Kendal. Perhaps I'm trying to be too clever with the 'Kendal' bit there :lol: but I'd never thought it was scary... I just thought the TV might look better with something on, than blank, and that's what happened to be on at the time of taking the pics...
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Garri

Post by Garri »

I 'got' the Felicity Kendal joke but I have to say it's not one of the best photos of her.

By the way, just curious 'cos there's no direct link, but what was 'featured in The Guardian' ?
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

d'oh!!!!

Yes. I did think it might be Felicity - but the "Kendal" part went right over my head! :lol: :oops:

What I'm trying to say is that you have these lovely photos all in tasteful shades, apart from one with a lady wearing a bright red top looking angrily back at you!!!! :lol:
As it's your first glimpse of all the photos, your eye is immediately drawn to her...
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

You are probably right... another scene would probably work much better. Maybe a nature documentary with an otter in it... we're meant to have them in the river here but I've not yet spotted one, but perhaps it would conjur up a better impression. :)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Wow KC!!!! How did you manage to get that?!!!
I think you should provide a link to the Guardian article from your home page. 8)
Garri

Post by Garri »

I would link to the Guardian article on your homepage.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

It's not what you know, it's who you know. ;) I have quite a lot of contacts (from the day job) and tried emailing a load with details of what I was up to... and, well... I got lucky. 8)

I wasn't sure whether to link to the main article so prominently as obviously that lists lots of other properties, too, and I didn't want people disappearing off...

Working on that image and will be putting up a new one soon...
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

OK, now changed from...

...to...

...which is a pic I took of Kendal Castle.

I think that does look a lot better... thanks.
Garri

Post by Garri »

I'm always suspicious when I see press claims but no link, makes me wonder why.

I recently noticed that TourDust.com are claiming to be one of The Independent's 50 Best Travel Websites, they're not! They got an honorary mention in same article, hence why they haven't linked to the article!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I can see what you mean, but hopefully you can also understand my point of view...? I'm just not sure which is the better option to take.
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

kendalcottages wrote:

I wasn't sure whether to link to the main article so prominently as obviously that lists lots of other properties, too, and I didn't want people disappearing off...
I agree. Your property is halfway down the list and that gives too many options for people to get sidetracked. Could you refer to it without the link, or is that just too last century?
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I refer to it without the link on the homepage of my site at the moment. It just says "as featured in The Guardian".
Garri

Post by Garri »

kendalcottages wrote:I can see what you mean, but hopefully you can also understand my point of view...? I'm just not sure which is the better option to take.
This just confirms what I feel to be true and that is the Internet is a complicated place full of paranoia and fear.