Comments appreciated

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Richard51

Comments appreciated

Post by Richard51 »

We have just started letting our house and my wife has been diligently working on a website. It's difficult to be objective about your own site so any comments / feedback would be very welcome.
Last edited by Richard51 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hello and welcome to a near neighbour.

Pretty cottage in an attractive location with plenty of information on the site, but the photographs are letting the side down a little. The vital lead picture on the front page is not too appealing: shot against the light giving lens flare and a washed out sky - and not too inviting with the table and stacked up chairs in the distance. Maybe bring the table into the foreground and lay it out attractively ... ? The rotating picture archives take too long to download (on my broadband) and, disappointingly, don't open up to a bigger size. Also, the number counter is huge and distracting. Too many towns on the info page are described only as 'one of the 300 most beautiful in France' - really needs a bit more of a personal touch.

But all the raw ingredients are there, just needs a bit of tuning. Will have to keep your wife's nose to the grindstone, I'm afraid! Send her over to us for some restorative wine when she's finished!

Jim