Payment from Kiev

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Blanche

Payment from Kiev

Post by Blanche »

I have a potential customer from Kiev. When I asked for a deposit she said that it was very difficult to send money abroad from there. She would have to go to a hotel and it would be very expensive.

Is that right? Can anyone tell me if someone in Kiev is able to use Paypal or do a bank transfer?
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Using Google, there do seem to be problems with PayPal and account holders in Ukraine.

A bank transfer shouldn't be a problem, but make sure you emphasise that all bank charges are their responsibility, otherwise it could turn out to be expensive in bank charges. And that applies to you returning any security deposit.

MG
klompje

Post by klompje »

Sounds weird to me, how was your customer proposing to pay you? I don't think the Ukraine is so backward that they don't have banks and that the only was to pay your is via a hotel, were they going to buy cash and post it?
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I don't know. This lady plus three adults wanted to book the gite last year only it was already taken. She said that she was definitely coming to this area and she offered to pay me half in cash to secure this year. So it sounds like she's genuine about wanting the gite. She said her visa only permits her the first week in August.

Would I be stupid to tell her just pay when she gets here?
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
dublin13

Post by dublin13 »

ukraine is still a bit backward and the government arent too fond of westerners which might explain the paypal issues. would think waiting for payment till they arrive is a bit risky just incase they dont arrive and you have turned away people.
pambon

Post by pambon »

I can't think that the Ukraine is so different from the Russian Federation which occupied them for 70 years until a short while ago.

Banks are present in both countries and since the Russians don't seem to have a problem in transferring funds (at least my punters haven't) Ukrainians should be able do it if they wish although it will cost them. The banks may set limits on the amount a person can transfer abroad in a single transaction perhaps but then she could do several transactions over time to get around that.