Enquiries on Friday/Saturday Nights

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
dublin13

Enquiries on Friday/Saturday Nights

Post by dublin13 »

Have had a few enquiries lately on friday and saturday nights usually after 9pm uk time. If at home usually respond straight away with reply. However none of these people write back or acknowledge the email replies.

Im thinking that people either have a few glasses of wine on them and decide to enquire about a holiday and realise they cant afford a holiday come sunday morning or that a group of friends/family have gotten together decided a group holiday is a fantastic idea(after a few bottles of wine) and come sunday they decide they cant stand the sight of each other.
Windy

Post by Windy »

It's the phone calls that grate with me. After a year I got a PAYG mobile that I use for my listings which I just don't answer after a certain point in the evening.

Guests get my personal mobile before arrival so I know these calls are enquirers and if they are serious they will either email or call again next morning.

Whilst I'll do anything for a paying guest I do get a bit fed up with the "arr ey - 'ave youse gorrany lodges" calls at 10 30 pm on a weekend. Apart from which I'm probably outside a bottle of red myself by that time on a Friday evening so in no state to offer great customer service :wink:

Emails I can cope with but it always seems to be the phone in the evenings at weekends
windrush

Post by windrush »

I once had a phone call just before midnight on a Thursday from some people hoping to book from the Saturday, so I went into full-on panic mode trying to figure out how I was going to get payment from them and generally organise it with only one working day to play with. Of course I never heard from them again.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I had an 11pm call last week. Her first words when I picked up were "Oh, I didn't expect you to answer". :?
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
yourlamanga
Location: La Manga Del Mar Menor, Costa Calida, Murcia, Spain

Post by yourlamanga »

LOL, thankfully we don't get a lot of phone calls but I do find that most enquiries are over the weekend but presume this is because people have more time but as you say they are perhaps alcohol induced enquires! :lol:
"There are two seasons in Scotland: June and winter.” - Billy Connolly

http://www.yourlamanga.com/index.php
http://bit.ly/aGbQ6n - Homelidays
http://bit.ly/c7O4O9 - HR
http://twitter.com/yourlamanga - Twitter
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mine always come when I'm rushing round the supermarket after work. It's nearly always someone French, and I usually can't hear them properly. If I offer to call them back i get a little boy who says that Mama isn't here.
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I dread phone calls from the French as sometimes I'm never sure I've got the dates right that they want and hate committing myself instantly. Also getting names and phone numbers is a nightmare. So I try and give them my email address and ask them to put it all in writing.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
lollybeth

Post by lollybeth »

Glad its not just me thats noticed this! I'm usually as full of wine as they are though! :lol:

The one that's really wound me up lately is the lady who felt the need to enquire at 3.30am last Wednesday over OD when I'd forgotten to silent my phone!! To rub it in it was for a week I've already booked! :twisted:
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

crikey! i've never received a telephone enquiry at night (my numbers are on various sites). we do sit up late generally but i have to say i'd be most surprised to receive a telephone enquiry after about 8pm. how weird are people feeling free to ring up after at the latest 9pm?!
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

Why do people ring up anyway to ask about a week that is already booked? With me they could only have got the telephone number from a website that has an availability calendar on it.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu